2010 Circuit Assembly..........Sunday Program nonsense and madness.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

snowbird

HAHAHAHA! Not TOO hard...I'm eating chinese and squeezing me MAY not bring out the best! -hahahaha

Seriously though, education and JWs is a sore spot for me. I had EVERY opportunity to go to college, but because I was SO afraid to let my parents down and get DF'd for going AWAY to school, I let the decision be made FOR me. I regret that now, and wish I had just gone ahead and did what I wanted to do....

• snowbird
    snowbird

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/192083/1/JWs-And-Education

My baby daughter inherited my talent for all things educational; I made sure she enrolled in college!

I'm talking an IB Diploma, a 32 on the ACT, a 2000+ on the SAT (I can't remember the exact score).

I was hoping they would try to talk her out of going to college so I could go bat-dung crazy on their black butts!

Sylvia

• Mary
    Mary
    Sister: '' As you know,I'm a Jehovah's Witness and we believe that we are near the ''end times.'' I decided that I will go into the preaching work part time and maybe go to a 2 year school."

Ya.....let's talk to this sister in 40 years when her grandkids are saying the same damn thing.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

During the whole 2 days I heard the term "the end is so close" only once. My guess was because of the new, new , new , new, new ,new generation teaching.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

whatistruth, the end is only a generation away.

-MM

• gubberningbody
  • whatistruth
    whatistruth

-MM

Which "overlaps" other generations....wtf!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It makes me sick to read this. What is sad is when somebody with a brain gives up a scholarship as opposed to somebody who is a poor student. That is a real loss.

As far as believing the 'world is passing away' and 'Jehovah will provide...', I hope she isn't confusing 'Jehovah providing' with the people in the hall who WORK for a living!

This may look cute now because this person is young. But what happens if she hits middle age and isn't married and this 'system' is still here? Who will support her? If she doesn't have family there to look out for her she will targeted by all the users in the hall. I know because I have seen it. I also have seen the pitiful circumstances many single women in the religion are in.

This plays right into the religion's hands because they are looking for free labor for various things and these sisters will be it. Bottom Line: The religion begrudges a college eduation for the average person because THEY are not directly benefiting from this secular know-how.

• minimus
    minimus

....keep them dumb and stupid....pregnant too, ( if we encouraged marriage).

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    ....keep them dumb and stupid....pregnant too,

This isn't the place to express your views on women, minimus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit