2010 Circuit Assembly..........Sunday Program nonsense and madness.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I went to the Sunday Circuit Assembly and came back all riled up with ALL the nonsense.

The Sunday program was on ''safeguarding your spirituality''. ''It is better to remain single and not marry. That gives you more time for studying and the preaching work. Also,you may go to a congregation where the need is greater.''

The speaker talked about how the h1n1 virus has killed thousands around the world. There have been 6 major earthquakes in the last year. He said,''Isn't wonderful that these things have happened as the ''end'' draws near''? ( How sad to wish death on people in Hati and people who died from the virus) Everyone clapped except me!

There were 2 sisters who got up and had a dramatization about a sister not wanting to go to College. I will paraphrase as best as I can.

High School Counselor: ''Have a seat Karen and I will show you all the College applications I have for you.''

Sister: ''Thank you for all the work you have done.''

Counselor: '' I have an application from Harvard,one from Michigan University,and a couple from the East Coast.''

Sister: '' I have done alot of thinking and decided not to go to any College."

Counselor: ''Karen,you have a 4.0 grade average and scored very high on the A.C.T. and you would have no problem getting into any of these schools."

Sister: '' As you know,I'm a Jehovah's Witness and we believe that we are near the ''end times.'' I decided that I will go into the preaching work part time and maybe go to a 2 year school."

Counselor: ''You will probably get into these schools at almost no cost because of your 4.0 average and high A.C.T. scores and have a good career the rest of your life.These are great schools and will prepare you to land a good job.''

Sister: ''This world is passing by and may not be here any longer. I decided to enter the ministry work and Jehovah God will provide for me in the future."

Everyone applauded except me. That was really sad to see!

• sir82
    sir82
    ''Karen,you have a 4.0 grade average and scored very high on the A.C.T. and you would have no problem getting into any of these schools."

Here's what I could never figure out: If all these JW kids are so hell-bent on pioneering and avoiding college as if it were a giant leper colony....why the flurck would you take the ACT (or SAT or any other test exclusively designed for determining ability to do well in college, and good for absolutely nothing else)?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you for sharing this with us.

How disgusting.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

These people are the worst of thieves.

A regular thief just takes your stuff and you can always get more, but these guys steal your life, your hope and dreams things you can never get back.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The only way I'd go to one of those things again was if I could get loaded and yell out "FREEBIRD!!"

If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be traveling on, now
    'Cause there's too many places
    I've got to see

But, if I stayed here with you, girl
    Things just couldn't be the same
    'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
    And this bird, you'll can not change
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

And the bird you cannot change
    And this bird you cannot change
    Lord knows, I can?t change
    Bye, bye, baby it's been a sweet love

Yeah, yeah
    Though this feeling I can't change
    But please don't take it so badly
    'Cause the Lord knows
    I'm to blame

But, if I stayed here with you girl
    Things just couldn't be the same
    'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
    And this bird, you'll can not change
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Lord knows, I can't change
    Lord help me, I can't change
    Lord I can't change

Won't you fly high, free bird, yeah?

• undercover
    undercover
    Here's what I could never figure out: If all these JW kids are so hell-bent on pioneering and avoiding college as if it were a giant leper colony....why the flurck would you take the ACT

Here's what I can't figure out: If you know you're not going to college but know that you're going to end up working in Dad's cleaning business or going to Bethel or whatever, why worry about your grades in high school?

I knew I wasn't going to college so I didn't have to worry about grade point averages or SATs. To be quite I honest, I really didn't give a fuck about high school or my grades. I just wanted out. Sorry attitude now that I look back. But while that attitude may not be encouraged by JW parents/elders/GB, the fact that they don't want you to pursue higher education pretty much does lend itself to causing one to not care.

The high grade point average JW is, or was when I was active, a rare thing...but they always like to use these examples in the assemblies and meeting parts...like all JW kids are 4.0 students turning down scholarships to Yale everyday...

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSVULtkJqDQ
    The empty page before me now The pen is in my hand The words don't come so easy But I'm tryin' I'm searching for a melody or some forgotten line They can slip away from us so quickly Don't be unkind I'm not complaining I only feel It needs explaining And though I've said it All before I Say it once again Everyone needs somethin' To believe in So turn around Turn around It's on the other side Feel the sound Feel the sound It's comin' from deep inside It will fill you with emotion if you Let it be your guide So Turn around Turn around It's on the other side I'm waiting for the day to end another to begin Somehow I've forgotten what it stood for I look into your face and see the searching in your eyes I will be your servant till the end The music plays And for a moment I feel That all these days Are so fulfilling And though I've said it All before I Say it once again Everyone needs somethin' To believe in So turn around Turn around It's on the other side Feel the sound Feel the sound It's on the other side It will fill you with emotion if you Let it be your guide So Turn around Turn around It's on the other side Desperation shows its ugly face in many ways No one can escape the times we live in The answers are so simple And we all know where to look It's easier Just to avoid the question And if I seem Too inconclusive It's just because It's so elusive And though I've said it All before I'll Say it once again Everyone needs somethin' To believe in So Turn around Turn around It's on the other side Feel the sound Feel the sound It's coming from deep inside It will fill you with emotion if you Let it be your guide So Turn around Turn around It's on the other Side
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I have an application from Harvard,one from Michigan University,and a couple from the East Coast

That's funny because every major school is on-line application only.

you have a 4.0 grade average and scored very high on the A.C.T.

A 4.0 means nothing to these schools. Most good students have so many AP classes that they graduate with far more than a 4.0. and getting money to go to Harvard is unheard of unless you have an incredible talent in one specific are (i.e football, playing the basoon etc.)

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

magwitch

We all know that these scenes are all made up. They want to show that the brightest schools have nothing to offer.They use Harvard because that is elite. A good career means nothing to the WTS. The preaching work will get you into the ''new system''.....not money or career.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That is disgusting. I hate that they are still teaching that crap.

I remember when I was in middle school. We were in some class talking about our plans for the future, everyone else talking about college, etc. Me, big dummy, talking about I'm going to be a housewife and not go to college (like my mother, who turned down college, served where the need was great, etc). A girl in my class got so worked up, almost to tears telling me about all the reasons I just had to go to college. I think about that girl often 20 years later, and I'm like, "I get it Angie, I finally understand."

I wish those still in could see what the WTBS is up to and why they don't want people going to college. I don't think I could have sat through that assembly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit