2010 Circuit Assembly..........Sunday Program nonsense and madness.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Here's what I can't figure out: If you know you're not going to college but know that you're going to end up working in Dad's cleaning business or going to Bethel or whatever, why worry about your grades in high school?

I knew I wasn't going to college so I didn't have to worry about grade point averages or SATs. To be quite I honest, I really didn't give a fuck about high school or my grades. I just wanted out. Sorry attitude now that I look back. But while that attitude may not be encouraged by JW parents/elders/GB, the fact that they don't want you to pursue higher education pretty much does lend itself to causing one to not care.

The high grade point average JW is, or was when I was active, a rare thing...but they always like to use these examples in the assemblies and meeting parts...like all JW kids are 4.0 students turning down scholarships to Yale everyday...

Exactly!!! Prior to high school I really did apply myself, but once it dawned on me in 11th grade that I'm not going to college and the end of this system of things is bound to happen in a handful of years, why bother with taking school seriously? I didnt take my SATs, why bother? Now I'm in my early 30s. Buncha corrupt rotton bastards for encouraging this way of thinking. You're right these demos are so outragous. I don't know one JW that knows 20 other JWs that ever heard of a JW being offered scholarships to prestigious universities. Its insulting when you really sit down and think about it. CO's,DO's, the GB, and other Bethel Heavyweights are getting brand new cars, nice apartments or homes to stay in. The best meals, green handshakes, vacations, etc.. But they don't want you to get any of that. Rotton cowards they are. I hate those dudes any more when I think about it too long.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Actually Harvard is a lot more affordable than you might imagine.

Their online Masters in CS is like 15k.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I actually did know a JW who got a scholarship to Yale. Took it too. When she got there, stopped going to all meetings. She graduated, and is living her life. She is my hero.

• flipper
    flipper

RULES & REGULATIONS- Thanks for updating us on this. My god. These people are SO SELFISH to clap about earthquakes and flu viruses killing people worlwide ? And for what do they clap ? Their DELIVERANCE from all this is getting near ! Allegedly. This JW cult develops and fosters selfishness in these people - it's like' As long as we get ours and get into the paradise- the hell with everybody else ! " It's sickening. The further I get away from this cult- the weirder it becomes. And the young lady saying she won't go to college because the END is near ?? My god. These WT society leaders ARE stealing lives away. On what ? Just a false pipedream. I need a drink. I'm eating popcorn, gonna get me a beer. I can't handle this

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Quote:

High School Counselor: ''Have a seat Karen and I will show you all the College applications I have for you.''

Sister: ''Thank you for all the work you have done.''

Counselor: '' I have an application from Harvard,one from Michigan University,and a couple from the East Coast.''Sister: '' I have done alot of thinking and decided not to go to any College."

Counselor: ''Karen,you have a 4.0 grade average and scored very high on the A.C.T. and you would have no problem getting into any of these schools."

Sister: '' As you know,I'm a Jehovah's Witness and we believe that we are near the ''end times.'' I decided that I will go into the preaching work part time and maybe go to a 2 year school."

Counselor: ''You will probably get into these schools at almost no cost because of your 4.0 average and high A.C.T. scores and have a good career the rest of your life.These are great schools and will prepare you to land a good job.''

Sister: ''This world is passing by and may not be here any longer. I decided to enter the ministry work and Jehovah God will provide for me in the future."

Jesus. I can't believe they are still blatently coming right out and saying this crap. (Sorry, that made me angry.)

A dear loved one of mine has been studying, and a few years ago I told her about the organization strongly discouraging college. She said, "Oh, they don't do that anymore." She just got baptised a couple of months ago. It all just makes me sad.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Just a false pipedream."

Am I alone in feeling that the GB, and other higher ups, know that there will be no Armageddon, or new order? I think they just keep pushing the R&F into these things being just around the corner. I don't think they really believe in this stuff. It's a game to them. I used to believe that the writers of the WT, and those who wrote the assembly parts were just really naive about real life. I now believe that they couldn't care less about the average JW. That is what makes me so angry.

• flipper
    flipper

SERENITY NOW- No, you're not alone. I have thought for some time now that the GB and leaders of the WT society don't believe in this crap either. It is a marketing tool that they use to keep rank and file JW members controlled through fear and guilt. If they can keep dangling " the time of the end " and terms like " we are so close " in front of their noses then they've won half the battle in controlling these peoples lives, resources, time , and money. It's a real scam believe me. I feel sorry for the rank and file members

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Flipper said:

These people are SO SELFISH to clap about earthquakes and flu viruses killing people worlwide ? And for what do they clap ? Their DELIVERANCE from all this is getting near ! Allegedly. This JW cult develops and fosters selfishness in these people - it's like' As long as we get ours and get into the paradise- the hell with everybody else !

Great point Flipper! Haiti lost close to 200,000 people. Just think of all the homes,businesses,roads,and schools that need to be rebuilt. Think about how many lost fingers,hands,and feet. How many lost moms,dads,and loved one's who provided for them? Who's going to feed them now?

How sad it was to be in attendance yesterday watching everyone clap over other people's misfortune!

• flipper
    flipper

RULES : I can only imagine you felt horrified sitting there hearing and seeing these people clap over others horrid misfortunes ! I feel sorry you had to be there ! You were probably feeling like, " What am I doing here ? " Or something like that ! Jeez. What a bizarre feeling

• Quandry
    Quandry

I remember an assembly part about twenty years ago with a young girl I knew. She was graduating high school with the highest grades. She'd been offered a scholarship-I don't know from what college-and her high school counselors tried every way they knew how to encourage her to accept it. Of course, everyone applauded when she said she turned it down. She was going to pioneer, instead. She got married when she was about twenty and began to pioneer.

Fast forward to about seven or eight years ago. I heard that the wonderful JW husband left her with two children, and no education to get a job to support them.

Another JW success story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit