2010 Circuit Assembly..........Sunday Program nonsense and madness.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

like somebody said in another thread

JWs are the only religion that recycles its garbage and feeds back to its people.

oz

ps. i would like to go to some assemblies again now that i have new eyes but i dont know if i could control myself!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Sister: ''This world is passing by and may not be here any longer.

They told me exactly the same when I left school! In 1963

George

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

WATSON

I stand behind what I said. I don't come here to rile anybody up.

The speaker mentioned about the 6 earthquakes and the viruses being signs that the end is near. They clapped because the end would be near for the Witnesses.

And.....Don't forget all the pleasure the Witnesses get when 6 billion people die at Armaggedon!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Yet they wonder why people call them a cult.

Bangalore

• Heaven
    Heaven

So single is in today.

The WTS is shooting itself in the foot with this strategy.

Sister: ''This world is passing by and may not be here any longer.

They told me exactly the same when I left school! In 1963

I was told the same thing in 1981 as me and my bro. prepared to go to College. Same sh!t, different year.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/education/watchtower-ban-on-education-now-old-light.html

Look what they said when I was in high school in 1969.

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ...as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God’s prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    dramatization about a sister not wanting to go to College

The drama is as sickening as the 1969 Awake quote above. It reinforces in the minds of members that their children are smart from a theocratic education (4.0 average) and that they could succeed "in the world" but have a higher purpose. Then it tries to reinsert the urgency of the recruiting because they think the end is sooooooo close.

Thanks for sharing.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I knew I wasn't going to college so I didn't have to worry about grade point averages or SATs. To be quite I honest, I really didn't give a fuck about high school or my grades. I just wanted out.

That was exactly the attitude I had in high school. My only objective was just to graduate and get that part of my life over with. I got placed in advanced classes but got mostly b's and c's. It always frustrated my teachers and guidance counsellor that I didn't apply myself more. But what was the point?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I concur with you blondie, I was in my last year of high school & left to pioneer in September '69.

What an idiot I was to believe them & to hear they are still churning out this stuff.................................well words fail me

Hoab

• 70-Years-Of-Servatude
    70-Years-Of-Servatude

Wouldn't this have been a really good time to pray in the closing prayer to help all of the afflicted ones in Haiti. That didn't happen. By the way, on Saturday of the program everyone was told that Jesus pioneered to enhance his spirituality. So if we're to follow his example we should also pioneer. I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit