Memorial 2010 Your Experiences

by scotinsw 136 Replies latest jw experiences

• doublelife
    doublelife

I went to a spanish congregation with my husband and his mom. I didn't understand anything so to make time go by I brought my ESV bible and read Luke's and John's account.

This was the first meeting where I heard the new songs and I have to agree with everyone that they are awful. What was the GB thinking?

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I get so tired of the phonies. A lot of the same old scriptures that have been read thousands of times. Very dissapointed in my second meeting in the last 6 years. I really hate the meetings. No substance or even devotional feelings. No connection with the masses or even brotherly love. Just sit down, turn to a scripture every 2 minutes and then get a free watchtower on the way out..

I was thinking, "BOY, do these idiots know of the major change that is coming" Then I remembered, drones don't think, they will just follow what is told.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I blew it off. Instead, I spent much of the afternoon recording Christmas songs onto mini discs (so I can listen to them at work). I also got a brand new vacuum cleaner, and spent time cleaning my carpets of dust that my Wimpy Mite left behind.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The talk was so much better than the one delivered the past couple of years, it was a new one. Whereas the previous one mostly has focused on the call for the audience not to partake of the emblems, this one focused on the fact that there ARE two different calls, one heavenly and one earthly, and that it was up to each and every one to decide. A much easier and fluent talk than the earlier one.

A few families have moved from our congregation, but the number of people present was markedly up. Whereas in the past couple of years almost no newcomers / interested ones / studies have appeared, "just" the ordinary meeting attendance, this time there were for a congregation this size quite a few newcomers. Attendance was up from some 70 to some 90 this year. One male witness partook of the emblems, as he has for the last handfull of years.

All in all a good Memorial, far better than the previous years.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I did not attend but there was an attempt to invite before. I spent the time reading JWN and sending postings. Well, let wait see what number of partakers is going to be. May be 11,500 to 19,2,00, we will never know until then.

Scott77

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Old Hippie; the talk was very dour and boring the most charismatic speaker could have delivered it and it would still boil down to the same old crap, the scriptures clearly contradicted themselves as did the whole outline, the whole theme of the Lords Evening Meal is for all to partake, weather Little Flock or Great Crowd, there is not one single scripture that orders those of the Great Crowd not to partake,even the scriptures that speak about other sheep are not castigated in anyway if they partake. The whole circus is a lie and a fraud.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

The only good thing about my attendance in the Memorial this year, it was the chance I had to speak to some other "fellow disfellowshiped Witnesses"...

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Also it was a good chance to reinforce the reason that I left WT 10 year ago....

Boring...boring...boring....

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"the talk was very dour and boring "

Interesting, jokebeard, that you feel obliged to tell me how I perceived the talk delivered in MY congregation. Interesting.

• cattails
    cattails

My partaking tonight was done in full knowledge that I believe in Christ as my Savior, I partook of the emblems in a quiet and dignified manner.

No one questioned me. I'm glad I went and followed the command to remember his Sacrifice, which covers over all those who put faith in Him as the promised Messiah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit