Memorial 2010 Your Experiences

by scotinsw 136 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I had a cheap but nice Gambino cigar and Pabst Blue Ribbon in my back yard and enjoyed a beautiful night with some wonderful stars. It was actually very good.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Gamboni not Gambino

• serendipity
    serendipity

I went to the Memorial (only meeting attendance in a year) and went through the motions. Only thing I remember was how flat and somber the songs were.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thank god it's all over, and lets hope there are no threads on the sham next year

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I fell asleep on the couch watching V

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I had a gut wrenching night, first memorial I missed. I was working- but I was in knots. Thankfully after work I had a nice 5 mile run, came back home & my bf gave me a shot of vodka & we drank a beer together. The next day I felt much better (slightly hungover but that felt better than guilt), so glad I don't have to face it for another year!

I expected an "I'm disappointed in you" call from my mom or someone, but I escaped with no responses!

I enjoyed reading everyone's posts on what I missed- reinforces how much I do not want to go back to that mind numbing cult

Thank you everyone,

CHG

• stichione
    stichione

I went, after being absent to the last 3 or 4. A few days before the memorial, someone, who also doen't attend anymore, said something that struck me.

He said, regardless of our beliefs, we're observing something important that Jesus did for us.

I guess that did it for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit