Memorial 2010 Your Experiences

by scotinsw 136 Replies latest jw experiences

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Just got back from memorial. Only went so that I could say to my parents that I had gone and to remind myself why I left.

Oh my word!!! It was sooooo painful.

Got there a bit late - it was a couple of minutes into the talk. Thank goodness though as if the last song was anything to go by the new songs are dreadful!

Talk was same old same old - switched off during it.

I did hear the speaker talk about how many attend but so few partake. He then gave numbers for 2009 - shame he didnt mention about the sharp increase in partakers last year!

Then the "special" announcement. They were peddling copies of April 1 Washtowel as its all about Jesus. Shame it wasn't the April 15 edition with the noo light!

Finally, the song. It was Hail Jehovahs Firstborn. I remember that song in the old songbook. It was quite a quick song and one of the better ones. The new version though was only two verses but I thought they were never going to end it!

So, to those who went? Was it the same where you went?

PS - I really wanted to shout so many times "ITS A CULT ITS A CULT ITS A CULT!!! GET OUT GET OUT!!"

• wobble
    wobble

Damn, I blinked and missed it, plain forgot all about it till I came back on here, same as last year, it is so annoying after they took the trouble to stuff an invite through my door too !

Must remember next year, now where is my diary, oh, don't have one yet for 2011. I will have to remember to put such an important date in !

That's the end of the sarcasm, I just cooked my family a beautiful dinner which we sat and enjoyed together, Mrs. Wobble is just clearing up the mess I made making it , a good way to spend the evening, me on here , her in the kitchen. Bliss.

Wobble

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let's hail Jehovah's Firstborn

God's Heir He has been made

Who since He was created

His Father's Voice obeyed

He made all things existing

In Heaven and on Earth

Then He as God's own Spokesman

Made known Jehovah's worth

LOL.

Sylvia

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

damn....now I have that tune in my head...

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL at Poopsie!

I memorized ALL those songs!

I was in earnest at one time!

Sylvia

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

My mum tells me that when I was about 3 or 4 I would sit on the bus singing We're JWs! The shame!

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

IS the Memorial program the same world over? (I am guesing it is.) If so, what songs were used? Were they from the new book? IS there a copy of the new book online anywhere?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

3 1/2 hours till it starts at this side of earth and i will be Home for the first time!!! I will drink a glass of wine and look at the full moon and for the first time on the memorial feel loved by Jesus!!

• spawn
    spawn

Had to miss it as I was reading my son a bedtime story (Snow White and then some of Howls moving castle), making sure a three year old keeps to a good bedtime routine means nothing gets in the way.

Anyway the Buggers never invited us!!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''Talk was same old same old - switched off during it.

I did hear the speaker talk about how many attend but so few partake. He then gave numbers for 2009 - shame he didnt mention about the sharp increase in partakers last year!''

EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOURS

(ps not my experience but someone close)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit