Memorial 2010 Your Experiences

by scotinsw 136 Replies latest jw experiences

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Memorial vs Tandoorie chicken, jalfrazi and rice pilau?????

NO Contest!!!!

Cheers

• 4mylove
    4mylove

On the way home yesterday with the hubby, when he dropped the bomb that when I got home today, if he was not there he was at the memorial. I had been having such a good day before that. Tried to have a nice evening with him last night after that horrible news, then I remembered where this new found drive came from.....we had visited his parents this past weekend. At one point he hugged me and all i could do was cry. I'm living in fear again.

Maybe he'll go and see what he's not missing...all I can do is hope.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Oh, 4...that made my heart ache for you. Is he there now?

• freydo
    freydo

Joshnaz
    Post 317 of 317
    Since 4/15/2009

partakers:

8,524 for 2005

8,758 for 2006

9,105 for 2007

9,986 for 2008

10,400 for 2009

WOW!

What are the options the borg has in dealing with these embarrassing partaker numbers? They're going to have to deal with it before things get way out of control, like having 50,000 in one year. It seems like they're going to have to admit error one way or the other. Either they've been wrong theologially, or admit to having been blind for allowing so many false witnesses into the borg who are obviously apostate. But to admit error is against corporate policy, because that would implicate their spiritual claim of authority. My guess is that there could really be a blood letting, because to me, these partaker numbers are more important to their whole house of cards than the generation and 1914 things put together.

• BigJimmyN
    BigJimmyN

I am looking forward to a NICE glass of wine and a lot of leavened bread at home...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

4mylove, his enthusiasm wont last long the WTS is a slow sinking ship and most people with brain cells soon find out about the fraud that it all is, so what if he wants to briefly please Mummy and Daddy, they have the worst retention rates of members then any other cult, he'll be back in your arms!

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Heartbreaker,

I don't know. I'm still at work and refuse to call him. I need to run a couple errands after work, not sure when sundown is in my area, but will make every attempt to be home after that.

My wish is that I get home and he decided not to go. He hasn't stepped foot in a kh in 2 years. Which was for a wedding (his sisters).

I hate this time of year....it makes my heart and chest feel so heavy. We have one of the best friendships a couple could have until this issue rears it's ugly head.

Maybe one day......

• 4mylove
    4mylove

jookbeard,

Thanks so much for that. I love my husband, and his eyes are more open than ever. I understand wanting to appease his folks, just scary every time. It's like a cancer that comes out of remission.....

• 4mylove
    4mylove

He just sent a text, he's going.

• chickpea
    chickpea

just had luscious teriyaki pork chops and jasmine rice
    accompanied by a caesar salad and blood orange soda
    with my best-est aposta-bud

it was mirth filled and wonderfully free
    of all the inanity of service to the b0rg

praise jaw

Share this