Memorial 2010 Your Experiences

by scotinsw 136 Replies latest jw experiences

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

And I believe they don't count all the partakers if the Elders have doubts that they are genuine So the real number may be even higher

• flipper
    flipper

I'm sitting here- cracking up at all my JWNer friends posts drinking my 3rd glass of Merlot wine ! Hey ! At least it's red ! I'd really be full of the spirit if I drank it at a kingdom hall ! Maybe I'd even pour some cheese spread or hot sauce on the crackers ! Probably taste better. Peace out- have a good evening. Mr. Flipper

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

The new songs are horrible. They put you in a trance. The old ones for the memorial were quite pleasing and even upbeat (Hail Jehovah's First Born), but that is no longer the case.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

This is my second year of choosng not to attend. I "celebrate" now by remembering the beautiful twilight sky and full(ish) moon as I walked out for what I knew would be the last time. It was closure.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

First memorial missed in 20 years :)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

i think they were all the same. bethel speaker for us, mentioned over 10000 partakers last year. only two people showed up from all the invitations sent out, barely had more than 50 more than a regular meeting.

speaker couldn't finish an entire sentence without look at his notes, it seemed he was reading verbatim. i need to mention to the SO about how weird it is that the numbers haven't changed and in fact are 20% higher than 4 years ago. In fact, I think I am going to get "super spiritual" over the next few weeks so that my disagreement with the new generation teaching will seem genuine. "but, this is SO important, the word generation doesn't mean that at all, ever. I don't get it". and then somehow work that into a 607 research, all to "prove" or "strengthen" my faith.

hopefully i'll be able to shove it up the WTS ass.

most likely i'll end up divorced hoping to get to see my kids...

godammit.

• Gayle
    Gayle

2009 Memorial partakers were 10,857.

• besty
    besty

my guess for the 2010 number - 11,800 partakers

compound interest is a bitch.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Yeah besty, I'd never pretend that math is my strong suit, but even I can see that the numbers are going UP.

• bobld
    bobld

My was that not a fine increase of partakers over last year?clap,clap clap.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit