Is Ray Franz still living?

by hungry4life 72 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

thank you Celia (again) and JerryTx.

nice to be among like-minded free thinkers.

• Celia
    Celia

Ray Franz also says :

Dear XXXXX,

I forget to mention that we will begin running chapters of the book on the Commentary Press web site, as soon as my friend , XXXXX, can get them set up. We will try to run chapters from both Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, perhaps doing so in several languages. That should be included in any response made to those attributing financial concerns to the action to limit use of the book material on certain web sites, since this will be free material for reading. As of now I believe the entire Russian translation is available on the Internet, free.

Ray

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I was ver y quick with my comment. I understand Ray having a very strict policy. I remember his story disappeared on the Beacon Site the time around the ChristianQuest-Website had been launched. The were assumptions he did not want to promote any organized way of worship.

I guess if there is an official website it should not be a problem to link to the chapters.

I understand that while other Sites may comments favorable or not on Ray Franz, CoC and ISoCF, the Commentary Press WebSite is the only authoritative website ;-).

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Celia

Nice to know the old guys Ok

• Celia
    Celia

And here is RF website :
    http://www.commentarypress.com/

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Thank you Celia,

Quoting Ray: “My reason for not wanting book material to be run on certain web sites is purely because of finding their approach out of harmony with my own principles and standards, so many are engaged in Watch Tower trashing and extremely negative. Some sites present material that promotes agnosticism and distrust of the Scriptures, even atheism (one such site being in Scandanavia). The financial aspect never entered the picture.”

And: “I forget to mention that we will begin running chapters of the book on the Commentary Press web site, as soon as my friend , XXXXX, can get them set up. We will try to run chapters from both Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, perhaps doing so in several languages…..As of now I believe the entire Russian translation is available on the Internet, free.”

THIS is from an 80 year old man who packs heavy boxes of books from his garage to the worn out (15 year old) Ranger pickup and drives it to the post office once a week to keep food on the table. He does this while trying to keep up with letters and e-mail that overwhelm him. He has given the entire book up to the internet where it truly cannot be purchased. This is not a man driven by guilt for who he was or what he did but driven at his age by love for people and the dictates of his conscience. These facts make me not a “worshipper” but one who loves and respects Ray Franz.

Jst2laws

• Mulan
    Mulan

I bought it from Barnes and Noble.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• teejay
    teejay

... we will begin running chapters of the book on the Commentary Press web site as soon as [we] can get them set up. We will try to run chapters from both Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, perhaps doing so in several languages. That should be included in any response made to those attributing financial concerns to the action to limit use of the book material on certain web sites,

I'll be damned.

The man actually had a plan, and those most helped by his actions in the past seemed to be among the first to villify him. Imagine that.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Good for Ray, at least we can LINK to his stuff! :-))
    no worries to me,
    Randy Watters

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey teejay,you were right,Ray did have a plan.What a cool thing to do.I thought he was pulling the plug.All along he just wanted to make things right by his own concience,that says volumes about the man...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit