Is Ray Franz still living?

by hungry4life 72 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey teejay,I was kind of sad Ray asked Randy to pull his material.I didn`t have much of a choice about the dubs because I was raised in it,but I can see your point.If I was on the front lines like he was,I would feel like I owed my fellow comrades about the truth of what was really happening.Ray has done that,but I think he should keep his info on Randys site.As usual,you are a good dude for pointing out the other side of things and I enjoy your posts...OUTLAW

• LDH
    LDH

UR, I see that you are getting a taste of MadAss' mental capacity.

He def. suffers from delusions of grandeur. He's the ONLY source of accurate info on the board. NOT.

Lisa

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

U.R. aLiar:

You can stop dragging that "I'll get fired" red herring across your trail of crap anytime now, because the main crap stinks worse!

Most folks know that "courthouse reporters" sift through all flings of (especially) FEDERAL LAWSUITS, just looking for "juicy stories" of people suing churches and religious orgs for liability, tort, fraud, and many others, including molestation!

IF hundreds of such lawsuits had been fied against the WTS, then not just one, not just two, not just a handful, BUT DOZENS would have made it ito the newspapers

I have no doubt that the PACER system is full of references to the WTS. The WTS has been involved in many constitutional cases, which went throuh many levels of the court system. They have also filed ac briefs in many cases whose outcome would affect them. There likely has been a few business "contract" cases filed over the years, also.

BUT, that's not what you have expressed or implied, IS IT?

OR IS IT, 'OL DISHONEST ONE?

[quote]... And I told everyone what I found. Hundreds of lawsuits, rangingin categories from liability, tort, fraud, and many others, including molestation!

Let me guess. 99% of the "hundreds" of cases you are referring to as "many others" are the Constitutional cases everyone knows about, with the remaining 1% being the "juicy" cases we discuss here practically every day.

I HOPE POSTING HERE ALL AFTERNOON LONG DOESN"T GET YOU FIRED!!!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

LisaDumbHeifer:

Maybe everyone should stick with your legal brilliance:

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=18943&site=3

The funny part is, since he sent it via US MAIL, it could be argued that he was attempting to bribe officials, which could potentially make it a punishable offense. You are not allowed to use the USMAIL for criminal activity. Which is why FEDEX and AIRBORNE have gotten so big so fast. They are private companies, and I could send you a bribe via FedEx all day and there's not a damn thing you could do about it, LOL.
  • LDH
    LDH

And yet I note you're not able to state you position AGAINST what I said.

• teejay
    teejay

Outlaw,

Don't get me wrong.

I agree with you. I think you are right. I think Ray made a mistake in pulling his stuff from the net the way he has, but there's more than *MY* way of looking at things. Lord knows that I've been wrong a coupla times before. Maybe Ray has a plan.... maybe he's looking to care for his wife who's stood by him all these years... or maybe later on he'll figure out that he was wrong and made a mistake.... hell, maybe he's sick and ain't thinkin' clear. Hell... I don't know.

One thing I *do* know...

I got no problem, none at all, with Ray Franz.

• Celia
    Celia

Here is what Ray Franz has to say about all this :

Thanks for calling this to my attention. My reason for not wanting book material to be run on certain web sites is purely because of finding their approach out of harmony with my own principles and standards, so many are engaged in Watch Tower trashing and extremely negative. Some sites present material that promotes agnosticism and distrust of the Scriptures, even atheism (one such site being in Scandanavia). The financial aspect never entered the picture.

So, if you want to quote me on this you're welcome to do so. As to my being alive, I think of Mark Twain's quote: "The reports of my death have been highly exaggerated."

I think I know the source of the letter-writer mentioned as seeking help and will be answering her very soon. The pile of correspondence now is around 50 or 60 letters awaiting answer.

• JerryTX
    JerryTX

Did anyone attempt to contact Ray himself and explain the importance of having the excerpts posted?

Did Randy or Kent, or anyone else for that matter, bother to contact Ray himself and ask *permission* to post the materials?

Does anyone have one fact -- just one -- besides the fact that he sent a letter asking for his materials to be removed?

Before anyone ASSUMES what the intentions are, why not contact the man himself. Being quite old, he may not even understand or appreciate the impact the internet has on the world around us.

Before anyone says bullshit like "Ray is shooting himself in the foot"
    or speculating on what his intentions are, why not contact him and get the word from him? For all we know, some ignorant lawyer is holding his hand and telling him what to do and Ray is oblivious to what's going on. The man is very old, has a wife he is obviously concerned about, and lives as simply as he can to get by.

Give him a fucking break.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------

"The truth will set you free--but first it will make you damn mad."

M. Scott Peck - "The Different Drum"

• JerryTX
    JerryTX

Thank you, Celia. You posted as I was writing.

--------------------------------------

"The truth will set you free--but first it will make you damn mad."

M. Scott Peck - "The Different Drum"

• ISP
    ISP

You must respect Ray. I also have no problem with his wish to pull material from anti-WTS sites. It is his choice. Ray has a belief system and respects the bible. That is more than I can say for myself. He approached COC in a very dignified manner and would no doubt like any of those he is connected with to do likewise.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit