God and Suffering

by AK - Jeff 322 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    False analogy hamilcarr. Science isn't moral. This thread is about moral reconciliation of the existence of God and Suffering. There is nothing moral to reconcile in global warming.

So it's your opinion that it's impossible to throw up a question regarding the moral reconciliation of the existence of God and suffering without thereby asserting God is real?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Psac - I like your willingness to flow with the thoughts herein. You are certainly not the 'typical' person 'of faith' on this forum.

Jeff

BTW - if that didn't flow right - I am complementing you, sir.

• Perry
    Perry
    Nope. I assert that God is not real due to his inability/lack of interest in mankind's tragedies.

And God asserts that man is his enemy and therefore he is under no obligation to rescue him without addressing the underlying cause of the separation, sin.

So a better title would be: God is not real, and this is proved by the way he poisons his children with polio. This of course prevents you from the seeing the demonstrateable fact that you are not descended from a "Good" God, and are therefore not his child.

Here's where you go wrong: You ignore ALL OF LIFE'S EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY and simply assume that you are a child of God even though all your own experience with yourself and others point to the fact that you (we) are very different than the "Good" god you so groundlessly assume you are descended from.

Pure self-delusion.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    You are certainly not the 'typical' person 'of faith' on this forum.

True. As such, several of the Christians here probably fear that he's headed straight to Hell for his "liberal theology".

I'll save you a seat, buddy.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    ALL OF LIFE'S EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY

All of life's evidence shows that God never was, never will be, and cannot be there.

As far as being a child of God - why the hell would I wish to attach myself to such a hateful being as that?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    And God asserts that man is his enemy and therefore he is under no obligation to rescue him without addressing the underlying cause of the separation, sin.

I didn't separate from the Bastard. The underlying cause of the separation, according to your own fairytale is that a naked lady ate one of God's apples and he went off pissed at mankind and let billions die forever in pain and suffering. Your God is not a nice guy, Perry. Run!

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Psac - I like your willingness to flow with the thoughts herein. You are certainly not the 'typical' person 'of faith' on this forum.
    Jeff
    BTW - if that didn't flow right - I am complementing you, sir.

I blush at your compliment.

I have come to see God in everyone, well, almost everyone I guess, and I have understood that all these religions are simply different ways of trying to understand God and our place in the universe. As such it isn't so much about right or wrong, but about the different paths that may be needed for different people.

I don't judge other religions or people, I don't have the right, though I certainly do judge actions that are, in my view, wrong.

I am human, I have my failings and so I judge even when Iknow I shouldn't.

For ME, Christanity works, I found MYSELF in it and I am very willing to accept that for someone else, that is not their way, heck I even accept that for some, Atheisim is their way.

Love has become the cornerstone of my faith, indeed, it IS my Faith and if that means I am going to hell, I am ok with that too.

LOL !

• superpunk
    superpunk

And God asserts that man is his enemy

If life was the plot to Rocky IV, would God be Rocky or Drago?

Apollo Creed?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    if that means I am going to hell, I am ok with that too.

Good for you. I know that leavingwt has a some good seats. We'll all fly first class.

LOL

Peace

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Good for you. I know that leavingwt has a some good seats. We'll all fly first class.
    LOL
    Peace
    Jeff

I'll bring the steaks and the cold beer :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit