God and Suffering

by AK - Jeff 322 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    By the way, "my" God doesn't demand or even ask you to worship "him", he only asks that you love your fellow man and to understand WHAT that truly means.

PSac and I belong to the same religion. We just describe it differently.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Maybe leavingwt, maybe.

I just know that many have been turned aways from God by man and what man has made of God and some may never find God again because of this and I don't hold this against them and if I, as a lowly human KNOW this and UNDERSTAND this, I know that so does God.

So I don't think that God "holds it against" people that don't believe in him or even hate him at certain points, at least not if God is truly a God of Love.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

For the first time I have started a real bible study, I'm currently at Numbers, what seems apparent in GOD is some of is ways, he allows bad things to happen, he has to come down to earth to see things, what he says does not always happen (Moses and Aaron were promised to live in Canaan but then things changed and none of them, not even that generation of Israelis walked in Canaan because they all sinned, Moses only got to see it from a distance and then died as GOD foretold).

What strikes me is Aaron which GOD destroyed before Moses, why?? its something i don't understand but there may be a reason.

And then they go to war, this is something that I can't fully reconcile, what if im one of their enemies?, a good citizen? I would die because im automaticly against GODs people? does that make sense?

What does this all mean with the thread God and Suffering?

I had an uncle that died in the toilet, he was half asleep, bang his head on the hard surfice, grandparents started noticing him putting these funny faces without reason constantly, eventually they found out what happened and he died shortly after.

i had another uncle who hang himself because he was addicted to crack, been like that for a long time, eventually couldn't get a job, started stealing staff from where he lived (with my grandparents), eventually he started robberies, got caught, ended in prison and hang himself.

And im sure there are worse cases like ww2, but did they deserve this? first uncle I never met which died from brain damage was 7 years old, 2nd uncle was 27. The uncle I knew that had drug problems had a good caring personality when he didn't have this problem, but due to his addiction later on he changed and then he would be crying wishing he never did this one mistake in taking crack, grandparents spent a fortune on him to recover but....

With all this I could only come with 3 conclusions

God does not exist (last option)

We dont understand God

God does not concern himself because the heavens and the earth are going to be destroyed anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit