God and Suffering

by AK - Jeff 322 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Jeff....that's just plain nuts. It's as illogical as the worst whacked out Elder you ever met.

You assume that you are a child of God just long enough to delude yourself with: "He didn't stop my hurt, he's a bad Daddy". And then when confronted with your own PROVEABLE sin that irrevocably demonstrates that you are not descended from a good God, and therefore not his child, you simply wave your hand and declare:

evidence shows that God never was

Mere Tautology, a black hole of illogic.

Rom. 8: 20 - For the creature was made subject to vanity

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Where did you get that shit Perry? Not my words.

Forget it - I mistook you for someone able to actually think clearly. I don't know how to do verbal justice to any argument against such idiocy as what you state above. You call me 'deluded'? WTF?

Who is the Father of mankind? God made man, according to you. God abandoned man. End of tale. Jesus christ, it's like reasoning with a hyena here.

Jeff

• Perry
    Perry

It's your quote Jeff. Page 12, 15 posts down.

Who is the Father of mankind? God made man, according to you. God abandoned man. End of tale.

What you present is not the biblical story...the story we are most familiar with in western civilization and on this forum as ex JW's. It's just as wrong as the WT story of suffering to find out who has the right to rule.

Man chose to abandon God remember? No one wants God. We are not his children. The evidence supports this. Does man appear like he is descended from an all-loving God? No. Otherwise, we would posess that trait and not just imagine it. Would man like to be all loving, all moral, all good etc. Yes. (for the most part)

Instead of abandoning man like you claim, God went to work in the midst of his enemies and established a foothold with Abraham, the father of faith. "Abraham believed God".

Because of the nature of our construction and the nature of God, failth will ALWAYS be the foundation by which we co-exist with God. It can be no other way. We are just too different. He's all-knowing...we are not. Lack of faith started the rift, faith will play a large role in restoring it.

This is perfectly logical. I'm not saying that you need believe it.

Furthermore, it makes far more sense than the goofy WT explanation that God allows suffering to see if we can rule ourselves. And, as screwed up and unbiblical as that is, even that makes more sense than what you proposed here that God injects his children with poison.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

As usual, I appreciate you PSac.

AKJeff, don't sweat the small stuff (aka Perry's "responses") He is clearly wired to defend his god so much that he will do whatever he can to win an argument, be that minimizing or demonizing an argument, dodge, ask a question to answer a question, literally every technique he learned as a JW.

• Perry
    Perry

You forgot to mention logic ATJ. Where's the illogic in the biblical explanation?

Show me the money!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Oh, the illogic of the Bible, with Seas parting, Floods happening, families through incest (Lot and his merry daughters) and the "investigation" of Sodom and Gomorrah before they were "salted" away.

And that's just Genesis and Exodus.

Yup, lots of logic.....

• Perry
    Perry

Just the God and Suffering Reconciliation part ATJ

Show me the illogic.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Until someone can logically explain why God "allows" suffering and doesn't step in, I could give a rats behind about the reconciliation. But here is one thing you have stated over and over.

We are born sinful.

Thats right, that little baby is doomed unless he accepts what, in your mind Perry, is the only way to reconciliation with god. Jesus.

That baby will grow, develop all kinds of personality traits, might even be born in China, or a Muslim country, where logically, they are doomed because they won't accept Jesus.

Doomed. Baby. Born dead unless he accepts Christ. Doomed because our original parents ate a piece of fruit after a discussion of good vs evil with a snake.

Logic?

Your premise is wrong. Always has been. You fight this point because without it, you would have to back off a lot of your statements, but you can't prove logically why we are alienated from god without the illogical Genesis account. Genesis is an allegory at best. Without accepting that I am in need of reconciliation based on the 2 naked people and snake story, I have no need for your snake oil.

You refuse to see that sin is a control mechanism of religion, of which, you personally have bought. Again and again, I respect your right to view things exactly as you do for you. But to argue it for others in the manner you do, and I must object.

No logic. Premise based on fairy tales. That is what you believe in Perry.

So in view of the foregoing, why would I try to find the illogic in the reconciliation of Jesus when the whole thing is illogical?

In short, your starting line belief that we are sinners in need of reconciliation based on the eating of a fruit by 2 naked people in some garden in the middle east after being talked into it by a snake is illogical. It's all downhill from there.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Forget it - I mistook you for someone able to actually think clearly.

I hope that's over, AKJ!

Srsly, logic is not the issue. It's the premises. Logic is useless with flawed premises.

To present a God that is omniscent, omnipotent and caring, you have to introduce some qualified definitions and presume facts not in evidence.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I know BTS. My point is, sometimes the emotions of any debater here can obscure the arguments. I share many of AK Jeff's observations on the matter. (not all, many) and as such, his feelings are not the point per se.

I understand AllTimeJeff. But I've been in those shoes before, and I know what it feels like. I haven't always been a believer, you know. I wasn't for a time, and was rather angry at sky-daddy too. Had this board existed then, I probably would have sounded like AK-Jeff.

Both sides marshall logical arguments for their positions. It is my opinion that for those who hold strong positions on the subject it is about more than just evidence and arguments.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit