God and Suffering

by AK - Jeff 322 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

You assert God is real in your Title.

I don't see the logic of this statement. You've started some threads with global warming in its title. Does that mean you've asserted it's real? No, you think belief in it could be harmful. I guess the same is true for AK-Jeff's choice to put God in his thread title.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

For superpunk and PSacramento. . .

That was awesome, LOL !

FYI, I found God through Jesus BEFORE I ever started to study the bible, maybe that made the difference to me....

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I found God through Jesus BEFORE I ever started to study the bible, maybe that made the difference to me....

via a man/woman or book?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Leavingwt,

I don't think I can put it on a single thing per say, but I guess my wife and a book would be the two most influential factors to me finding MY God or at least MY WAY to what I beleive to be God.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I don't think I can put it on a single thing per say, but I guess my wife and a book would be the two most influential factors to me finding MY God or at least MY WAY to what I beleive to be God.

ZIP Code + Parents determine religious belief for most people.

Most religions are not high-control and destructive, so the members never turn a critical eye towards them. Hence, a majority are comfortable in their beliefs with little motivation to change.

That's just how it is.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My parents were lackadaisical christians, the usual Christmas and easter things.

Then my Mom became a Jw, then my older sister, then my Dad....

My younger sister was in it for a bit but then the elders made a mistake, they questioned her Morals because she had coffee with a Brother who was known to have "girl problems" ( something NO ONE told her), of course they questioned her not knowing than when she says nothing happened then NOTHING Happened and that is the END of it, PERIOD.

They didn't understand her strong will and she told them to " F-Off", of course she also told them about their precious sons and daughters and what they do behind their backs, LOL !

Anyways, I have always been very critical of God, a lot more than most here as it was, A LOT more.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    You assert God is real in your Title. Then you turn around and say none of this matters because Cinderella doesn't exist.

Nope. I assert that God is not real due to his inability/lack of interest in mankind's tragedies.

I bring Cinderella into the picture for the comparison of the two 'stories'. Both are written by man. Both are entertaining. Neither is based in reality. We've done this before Perry. What part of comparing a fairy tale with another is so hard to understand here?

Jeff

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    My parents were lackadaisical christians,

And. . . you're not a Muslim. See what I'm talking about? You've probably never even given Islam a serious thought or two, if you're like most North Americans from a Christian background. Yet, Islam is the only religion for more than a billion folks. Because. . .their parents were Muslim.

• Perry
    Perry
    I don't see the logic of this statement. You've started some threads with global warming in its title. Does that mean you've asserted it's real?

False analogy hamilcarr. Science isn't moral. This thread is about moral reconciliation of the existence of God and Suffering. There is nothing moral to reconcile in global warming.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    And. . . you're not a Muslim. See what I'm talking about? You've probably never even given Islam a serious thought or two, if you're like most North Americans from a Christian background. Yet, Islam is the only religion for more than a billion folks. Because. . .their parents were Muslim.

Actually, I considered Islam for a bit, I have a few muslim friends and I love their outlook on their faith, as I also considerd Judaisim.

My life in the MA, over 30 years, exposed my to the Tao and Buddhisim too, especially Zen.

I owed no "aligence" to Christanity per say, though I admit I compared those other religiosn to what I knew of Christanity at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit