ANOTHER GILEAD STUDENT

by not sure yet 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

Thanks Yknot, for your links. I do have faith in my childrens intelligence to consider these topics, but once they lose the good memory of the religion they were brought up in, there's no way to get that innocent feeling back. My children are not baptized, they are universitystudents and carry the religion along with them as a soothing memory of the past, and only as something possitive. They thinks it is too hard to be a good witness but for the rest they don't critisize it. They are respectful because they honor their mother. If I start fading...how can I explain that without taking that magic away from them? Cherishing a childhood memory has no component of intelligence...it is an emotional buildingblock, part of the emotional intelligence. I don't want to mess with that and say: he kids, I don't believe it anymore. My husband knows how organization works and see through all the administrative rules and regulations....bút he has that same attachment to the essence of the religion: paradise, resurreccion etc.....and doesnot let himself get pushed by anyone...he has a jezuite boardingschoolstudent- childhood-life behind him and knows how religion works. I would say that he is constantly a critical thinker. Through the truth we met and somehow it would shake those foundations also.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

not sure yet - have you considered that your children may already be emotionally past JWs and they don't say anything to you to spare your feelings because they think it stll means a lot to you?

for myself I still carry lots of innocent soothing memories of being a witness and I wonder if like me your children would keep those memories regardless of whether or not they see the teachings as questionable.

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

That is a good question, quietlyleaving, and maybe it is true that this matter is really my struggle only.

My son was recently for an healthcare internship in Ghana and entered a kingdom hall, first time in years (apart from memorial). The brothers were só kind and invited him afterwards for dinner at their home, they gave him loads of fresh fruits to take with him to his room and toured him through town. In the hall one very small child looked up to him and asked: are you Jesus? Because of my son's appearance....they all laughed and were completely relaxed about everything. I was só grateful to those persons because I was worried about his security in Africa. Maybe such brushes of occasional contact would be the perfect way to stay in....but I know that a permanent member has no such a 'break'. I did notice that my son loved to tell me about it more than for himself. When he explained that he is not attending in his country etc...maybe to exlain his looks, they laughed it away, ?don't tell us it's ok, it's good you are here now that's enough...' Would't that be marvelous if that was the standard welcome for inborn/unbaptized/inactive visitors..?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

My son was recently for an healthcare internship in Ghana and entered a kingdom hall, first time in years (apart from memorial). The brothers were só kind and invited him afterwards for dinner at their home, they gave him loads of fresh fruits to take with him to his room and toured him through town. In the hall one very small child looked up to him and asked: are you Jesus? Because of my son's appearance....they all laughed and were completely relaxed about everything. I was só grateful to those persons because I was worried about his security in Africa. Maybe such brushes of occasional contact would be the perfect way to stay in....but I know that a permanent member has no such a 'break'. I did notice that my son loved to tell me about it more than for himself. When he explained that he is not attending in his country etc...maybe to exlain his looks, they laughed it away, ?don't tell us it's ok, it's good you are here now that's enough...' Would't that be marvelous if that was the standard welcome for inborn/unbaptized/inactive visitors..?

that is a lovely experience, not sure yet . These are the sorts of things I really like and admire about witnesses. When I go to the hall I try to think of such moments

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

So, is there an honorable, possitive way out, ..........?

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

My children were relieved and thrilled when I said, "I don't believe it anymore." We were already very close but we are even more so now. I have had people tell me that they have never seen a family as close as ours.

The magic from their childhood had more to do with YOU being their mother than them being associated with the congregation. Trust that magic closeness that only you can have with your babies.

W E L C O M E ...you will find love, comfort and support here.

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

Awake and watching, you said: 'The magic from their childhood had more to do with YOU being their mother than them being associated with the congregation. Trust that magic closeness that only you can have with your babies'.

I want to believe that, thank you.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Many us here have avoided being disfellowshipped and are fading. But I'm afraid we are no longer looked upon as dignified and honourable members of the congregation and many are very sad about this.

But regarding your own family, I think what awake&watching said is very true.

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

Quietlyleaving, you said: But I'm afraid we are no longer looked upon as dignified and honourable members of the congregation and many are very sad about this.

Yes I'm feel those looks eversince I left missionaryservice, really. I spend all those following years trying to work my way back into that 'elite' sort of circle of brothers in very good standing (?), and started to catch the crumbs that fall from their social/spiritual-table. Definitely I want to avoid being ousted, but I am fading already since I've stopped putting hours in (on paper) some years ago, but we keep going to meetings, sometimes. Recently I asked the elder (very close friend) if he could let me just be......in the congregation.....on those terms, without sherperding all the time, since that chases me away. He said: 'thats your conscience but my task is to get you going again'. They make me choose between: all or nothing. I was thinking that If he (the friend elder) and his lovely family wouldn't be in the group, I could fade just a lot easier. It has always been that fear of men thing for me....at the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit