ANOTHER GILEAD STUDENT

by not sure yet 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

This is so good!

I hope all you guys come here!

• nugget
    nugget

in 1980 I was 15 and had been in the organisation for 11 years. I am sure your story will be of interest to many here I look forward to seeing it when you feel ready to post it.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi, not sure yet, welcome

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome. A former missionary/Gilead Grad must have some stories to tell, especially since you left the missionary field long ago [if interpreted the post correctly].

Look forward to hearing much more from your perspective.

Jeff

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Alright sunshine!

Welcome to our digital home!

Aren't all the Franz's dead?

Regards
    RAB

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome aboard, NSY!

All I can remember as a JW teen at that time was that Jehovah's Holy Spirit was removing a "nest" of apostates from Bethel for daring to read the Bible together.

Look forward to hearing your perspectives.

om

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Not sure whether he posts here, but we have another ex-gilead at www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com. His user name is "awakend @ gilead"

• belbab
    belbab

Hello Not Sure Yet,

You ask: Is there anyone on this forum of that time?

How about before that time? I was in the 1959-60 class of Gilead, at that time at Ithaca, NY and was sent to Pakistan where I remained for a year and a half. That year and a half is the worse time in my life, I do not even want to talk about it even now. Because I was sick, weak and depressed, when the Zone servant (Jones) came after I was there for six months, I told him I could not go out in field service with him. He put a bad report in for me. A few weeks later I received a letter from Nathan Homer Knorr's office, telling to remove myself from the missionary home, and turn in my missionary instruction booklet. I was removed from my congregations position, not even allowed to give talks. I remained in Pakistan for a year after that trying to make it on my own. Gratefully, some friends in my old congregation in Canada loaned me the money to come home.

In 1967, doing my best to pioneer, in an isolated wintery Quebec territory. I reached my limit, all was dark, darK, dark. Then the light came, I was in slavery making bricks for Pharoah's pyramid constructions.

Gradually, quietly, I started to talk to others. As a result a number of others left pioneering or ceased becoming publishers. Because I worked in construction and moved about a lot, the "heavies" , David Splane , circuit servant at the time, among them, had a hard time nailing me down.

I was "marked" ostracized, finally disfellowshipped in fall of 1973, the head committee member while praising to the heavens his wonderful organization . received a comment from me, "yah, you say you sit a queen and will see no evil". The next day he sought me out at my job, and angrily told me, "how dare I malign his organisation by calling it part of Babylon the great.

Around 1991, I went with another ex-JW, the late Don Smith, who persuaded me to accompany him to Atlanta, Georgia, to build to lock up stage, Ray Franz's literature storage and garage.

Send him my regards,

belbab

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Belbab))))))):

all was dark, darK, dark.

I know, know, know.

Peace to you.

Sylvia

• not sure yet
    not sure yet

Here a part of my story:

Ik hope this mail finds you well. I just want to let you know that I was a Gilead student, graduated in 1980. You gave us one of yours last lectures. After class you left (you had a windjacket on) and I was standing in the elevator with you. You were silent and than after a short smalltalk you said out of the blue: 'I wish I had never left missionary service'.

My annointed aunt (and concentrationcamp survivor) went to my Gilead graduation. She was shocked with Fred's very bloodthirsty talk. She asked me to arrange a meeting with one of you (GB) to share some insight she tought you would love to hear. She had put in into writing in english to hand it over. She had (has) al kinds of beautiful insight about Gods people and their role throughout history. Brother Glass arranged a meeting for her, but they send a officeclerk to receive us in a small room ..... he looked very bored, listened and received the papers of my aunt. She never received any answer. I was very shocked by that and sincerely thought she must be apostate then...and I wrote her a terrible letter from my missionary assignment to tell her that I was loyal to the Brooklyn brothers and she was a bad influence for me. I can never ever forgive myself for that. She has forgiven me, ofcourse.That is when I knew the Faithful Slave did not exist in the eyes of the Brooklyn beholders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit