Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Podobear, it did certainly not slip from your attention that I was joking.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm glad those youtube vids were put up. Has anyone noticed Dave Brown's gravatar looks spookily like him?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

AnnOM I believe they trimmed his antennae a bit for the show but otherwise, EGAD you're right!!

• Podobear
    Podobear

Salut, Aligot!! By Jingo Quillsky, you are right!

Anyone any further thoughts on the subject under discussion? What is the official JW teaching on the Mediatorship of Jesus now, and what was the actual reason why these individuals were disfellowshipped?

Podobear

• wobble
    wobble

I have seen nothing published by them that changes what they said in the "Insight on the Scriptures" book, Vol.2 page362, under the last sub-heding on that page, "Blessings to mankind in general" , they stated :

"While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant ,......."

They claim only 144,000 are in the New covenant. So Jesus is not mediator for the "other Sheep" or mankind in general,according to the WT, in stark contrast to what Paul said to Timothy.

As to the DF'ings I know it was apostasy , but was it this teaching that caused the problem or some other ?

Love

Wobble

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

it's a shame the D Brown came along on what was a very interesting thread, and polluted it with all this Reachout Trust stuff, R/T could feature on BBC1/2, C4 C5 & ITV all day long and I would not watch a second of their mind numbing , boring Evangelical tosh, D Brown should have started a completely separate thread!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

jookbeard, if you can see past all the "amens", the programme was actually very interesting.

• Dave Brown
  • Quillsky
    Quillsky

Jookbeard, if you would like the thread to be more interesting, um, say something interesting or I'll have to post another picture of men beating each other with Toblerone.

I enjoyed the interview with the two English "apostates" (to use the lingo, not that I believe in that abuse of the word) and find it relevant to this thread. I like the fact that their leaving appears to have taken them down separate paths, one man becoming a gentle grandfatherly sort of pastor and the other becoming a more "Praise the Lord, now what do I do with all this energy?" type.

Neither is right nor wrong, and nor is any other route chosen post-exit by any of us if it is followed with a degree of thoughtfulness and passion. I admire both men for standing up and speaking out, and what they say about what is wrong with the cult and how it traps people resonates, I think, with many of us.

I hope the Mill Hill Four also speak out more, when they are ready.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the problem is Quill, PaP has done one .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit