Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• Dave Brown
    Dave Brown

I dont mate, I think Doug posts it about 2 weeks after it is shown. This one deals with some issues, but we recorded one for later in the year which deals with Disfellowshipping where I gave some insights into the behaviour of the outfit, and some of the dealings I got involved in which I have to say I am not proud about. That one will create a real stink!!,

Dave.

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK thanks Dave, will look out for it!

Some verses, you know them all ready but a refresher is always good :)

Romans 8:1 (New International Version)

1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Luke 23:34 (New International Version)

34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

2 Corinthians 4:2 (New International Version)

2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God.

Blessings,

Stephen

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a warm welcome Mr Breathing

• Dave Brown
    Dave Brown

I think it might be Mrs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or Ms.

• Podobear
    Podobear

Breathing: Thanks for your honesty. Shame you couldn't give some input on doctrinal stuff here. (I agree with your sentiments).

Speculation on meaning leads to all sorts of interpretations and largely explains the diversity and confusion in the halls of Christendom. The JW environment gives little manoeuver for understanding the point of view of others, so it seems. On the other hand, treat yourself to reading the DOUGLAS WALSH trial online, to see JW policy in stark relief. You either keep your doubts under your belt or you have to preach and distribute items that you feel uneasy with. The faith I accepted at baptism had been distorted by the time I left, so I fell silent.

I have already had some very supportive posts to me here, and one stunning conversation which was like a good tonic after a long illness!! Thank you to that person. Talking without the fear of recrimination is cathartic. So, Breathing, if you want to talk to any individual.. drop them a line. It won't take you long to navigate around here.. and you never know who you will bump into. Very best wishes as you find your own pathway.

Looking forward to more constructive contributions here on PaP's thread. All the best.

• sspo
    sspo

You made the right decision Paulapollos !

You cannot support an organization when you definetely know that their doctrines are all lies.

I truly beleive the GB knows it's all Bull S.... but they have too much to lose if they would speak the truth!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

bttt

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Paulapollos

Did you know David and Sylvia Gibson. It has been years since I visited Bethel and wondered wher they are now. Also Carl Snaith - does he ring a bell?

podobear

'Indeed, whether Christ calls his own to serve at his side or to enjoy eternal (but not immortal) life on Earth in flesh and blood: Should not ALL partake of his flesh and blood as part of a GLOBAL Kingdom Arrangement. Actually, the way JW's explain things supports that very idea: One hope, just different destinies. Only those who are not worthy, Paul says, should not partake. What exactly does that mean, then?'

If you read 1 Cor chapter 11 from verse 17 onwards, you will find your answer (look at the KJV or NIV). The thing that is so strikingly obvious is that there appeared to be individuals who were partaking of the Lords evening meal disrepectfully; ie they were thinking more about their own stomachs and even perhaps getting intoxicated vs 21. Effectively, some were making a mockery of the Lords evening meal and were bringing judgement on themselves. I have read this portion of scripture many times and looking at it in its context would explain what Paul was simply trying to convey....to remind Christians that it should be a respecful holy occasion and that they should be partaking in an honorable and respectful way. Hope this has been helpful.

TE

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Hi TE,

i have sent you a pm

love

pp

• Podobear
    Podobear

Thank you truthexplorer, it helps a little in understanding matters. But, it remains that in the turbulent time of my leaving Bethel.. the central issue in Brooklyn (and now apparently with the Mill Hill 4).. that all were encouraged to participate in the Lord's Evening Meal regardless of their DESTINY. (To rule with Christ or to enjoy eternal life on Earth under Kingdom Rule: a moot point for Mainstream Christendom that believes that every faithful Christian has a one way ticket to heaven). I think this is the point PaP is raising.. but he must guide us in the discussion I think.

I have VERY fond memories of David Gibson (Sylvia I did not know). I have to say if it wasn't for David's personal comments to me a few days before I left Bethel, I would have totally cracked up over events that happened around me. As one poster sadly confirmed.. you have never known a cold shoulder until you get one from Bethel. Wherever you are David... Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit