Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty
    p.s how did a thread like this get TO this ?

dissed mentioned the world cup!

Back to Mill Hill..........

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Half my family are Scottish cofty.

Truce agreed.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Wynn, Rees, and Gooch

Rees was known to have the odd ale on a very hot day.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The game's afoot

follow your spirit

and on this charge

cry God for Harry, England and St George

• Podobear
    Podobear

Thank you for the welcome jookbeard: I have blasted in from the past, seems we may have been circulating in the same era.

John Blaney used to wander at will into my room before breakfast most mornings. Several of us became almost carers as the poor chap gradually lost the last of his marbles. Amazing recovery though when it was time to go to the Adam & Eve. Many a Bethel boy parted with hard earned and precious cash to help him with a pint or two. None begrudged it. What a character! He once stopped a train out of one of London's mainline stations, claiming he was an Ambassador on an important mission.. the guard obeyed! He gave his baptism date as his birthdate and wangled his way into Gilead.

He wore a mac like Columbo in Field Service, laced with WT literature. No book bag. The house holder was often stunned and he "placed" shed loads of literature. The young pioneers on our circuit were inspired by him. With no kith and kin to look after him, WT was obliged to house him, as no individual JW's could cope with his eccentricity. He was assigned to read the Newspapers and cut articles out of the National Press for use in the Publications.

I am amused by your reference to Count Dracula and can only place the desciption to Phil Rees, Bethel Factory Overseer and Heavy.. who was in fact Ozzie. As far as I am concerned that was an awful period in Bethel history. I hold back on comments on alcohol abuse as someone else made wry comment to it. Slurring your way through a presentation at Twickers is not a good way to stem gossip!... if you were around Security at the time you probably know what I am talking about.

Are we saying on this thread that there have been departures from the current Branch Team or just speculating? Can someone clarify this please?

• hotspur
    hotspur
    For Harry (hotspur) St George and England !

Ok - who invoked the hotspur?

If I get time I'll try to recall my John Blaney stories.... definitely a legend in his own lifetime!

• Podobear
    Podobear

Has to be West Ham, the Hammers! hotspur were you around in the days of R. Brice??.. Boreham Stiff?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome PB!

He wore a mac like Columbo in Field Service, laced with WT literature. No book bag. The house holder was often stunned and he "placed" shed loads of literature.

LOL!

Blessings,

Stephen

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Pod thanks for that, are you clearly are ex Bethel? were you there during PaP's? my late father was head of platform and pitch security for many years at Twickers, so we may have crossed paths. In my my earlier posts I made reference to Davis and Geoff Woodfield who were both at Bethel in the early 80's ring any bells? He chaired my J/C not a bad bloke really, I was in the London Wimbledon Cong up until about 1994.

• hotspur
    hotspur
    hotspur were you around in the days of R. Brice??.. Boreham Stiff?

Not in Bet-hell .... know the name though for some reason. Did he do substitute CO duties? My only time in Bet-hell was an indoctrination visit many years ago when I young and naive!

I did a lot of work on the PA systems at Twickenham, Wolverhampton and Plymouth over the years. Got to be aware of quite a few 'names' and how they made a name for themsleves! So glad to be out of it all - though there were some nice people as well. All trapped by a construct - Grrrr!

I know Peter Voisey very well though - I spoke to him only a couple of months ago. He's doing alright for himself. He just laughed whenever I mentioned Mill Hill. And one of the Mansbridge boys (Sean?) - can never remember which one went to Mill Hill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit