Mill Hill Disfellowshippings

by BorgHater 310 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

PAULAPOLLOS- I admire your stand and the others and your respective wives standing up on your behalf as well ! That is awesome ! Could it be that indeed it will be the ex-JW women of the world who will bring down the WT society ? I wouldn't bet against them.

Also a little clarification, you mentioned witnesses are obsessed with " swimming with dolphins " among other things ? If that's the case - send any JW's my way and I'll swim with them and re-educate them about the dangers of " cult mind control". Hey- it fits with my avatar picture, worth a shot ! LOL! Welcome to the board friend, I hope you and yours have a somewhat more peaceful existence now. God knows this cult has screwed me over as well like a lot of us. Remember we are here for you, O. K ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Paulapollos,

You wrote: they are obsessed with going into a Paradise, where they get to pet lions, swim with dolphins, build giant houses, go on yachts around the world, eat the best food, have no war, suffering, and most of all, get to share their prosperity with family and friends, who can spend time congratulating each other on survival and service, so they can feel good about themselves, and pat each other on the back . Let's face it, they are happy with God's Kingdom if it provides all that, and stays up there in heaven, without getting too involved in their personal lives. The fact is, they want a social club, a community where they all praise each other for their integrity, and revel in how they got thru

Do you believe all JWs are as you describe above? I've met many JWs who are serving Jehovah because they love him not just because they hope to get a nice house in the new system.

I've learned that when someone paints with a broad brush it is likely they are wrong. Not judging just giving my opinion. Perhaps I misunderstood.

By the way, the OT does not look down on living a life on earth that is fulfilled and satisfied with the good things earth can provide including good association and religious fellowship. Jesus drank wine and ate good food and he enjoyed the good things of this earth including a home. It is not wrong, by God's grace, to enjoy the good things his earth provides whether now or in the Kingdom.

Sarah

• cofty
    cofty

Sarah would you not agree that the predominant message of the borg is one of sanctified materialism, albeit delayed (jam tomorrow)

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Cofty,

Paulapollos was describing the individual Witnesses not the teachings of the Organization. They are not always one and the same. There are many JWs who give their time and their lives to a cause not for material gain now or for material gain in the future. I believe in being fair and honest.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

PaulApollos: "However, being a very cheap kind of person, unless I can get it on a free pdf, or other, I don;t think I'm likely to buy it!! Cheap I know!"

Yep, that's a Bethelite! Cheap like me!

I hope you find great success outside of Watchtower Corporation. It's taking me a while, but I'll get there.

• cofty
    cofty

Fair comment believingxjw. I have known a number of jws who served out of love for god and as far as i could see no ulterior motive.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Billy,

Yep, that's a Bethelite! Cheap like me!

LOL, I know about that! I married a Bethelite! Umbrella and white socks and use the top sheets as bottom sheets.

• dissed
    dissed

Believing...

And uses one paper towel to dry their hands........

• yesidid
    yesidid

What sort of a wasteful low life would use more than one?

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi Paulapollas

Just to clarify my thinking on the post top brass at bethel-

Is not head of factory and production Rick Bell not Peter ?

Many thanks for a reply

Acolytes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit