What Are You Reading?

by zoiks 161 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

"Mr.Murder" by Dean Koontz.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Awildflower,

That is my dream, to visit all the places she had been. It's too bad that with 4 kids, Caroline only got one grandkid, and she never had kids herself (Rose).

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Up Till Now, the autobiography of William Shatner. It's very disjointed and packed with guilt but I'm liking it. Bought it for a quarter at a friends of the library sale. What a steal. W.Once

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Last month I read Dawkins "Greatest show on earth", then I read " I dont have enough faith to be an atheist" by Geisler.

"The reason for God" By Timothy Keller.

I recently read "Totch, a Life in the Everglades by Totch Brown, the true story of a pocher, bootlegger, smugler

and war hero.

"This Wheels on Fire" Levon Helms story of the Band.

At the moment I am reading "the 7 mysteries of Life" by Guy Murchie.

Laying on my desk waiting to be read are "Guns, Germs and steel" by Gerrad Diamond

and "The bible unearthed" by Finklestein.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Read in the last three months: God is not great

Making judgments without being judgmental

Good without God

Las zonas iluminadas de tu mente

The shack

Reading very slowly: Ändere deine Gedanken und dein Leben ändert sich (Tao Te King)

Waiting on the shelf: In search of Christian freedom

Letter to a Christian nation

Godless

The myth of certainty

Who will cry when you die

Releasing the bonds

Combatting cult mind control

I began to read The case for God and gave it up after a few pages.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Actually, I'm writing a novella and so that's what I'm reading at the moment. I have to read/edit my own writing quite a bit.

It's a fanfiction novella about two gay cops in LA solving the murder of a dirty FBI agent who was involved in heroin smuggling.

I've been writing fiction for 13 years, ever since I decided to fade. I also write science fiction, erotica, adventures, and samurai stories, Japanese fairy tales...I lived in Japan for a while, and Southeast Asia and still enjoy the culture, food and history.

The last book I read was a science fiction novel set about 20, 30 years in the future about the growing political totalitarianism of the right wing factions in America called "Little Brother". Read it, it's good.

Imagine going to school or work, going on the internet, recreating, watching TV in your home and everything you do is monitored by some sort of electronic spy system because of right wing paranoia about terrorism and disloyalty to the government? That's what it's about.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Reading through "The Dresden Files", I think I'm in love with the hero. Also reading "Not Even Wrong: A Father's Journey Into The Lost History Of Autism", a fascinating read that is giving me bits of insight about my youngest son's condition.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I also have read William Shatner's autobiography. It's a lot of fun, but predictably, it's all about him.

I happen to love egotistical know it alls, though. A lot of the worlds most interesting people are egotistical jerks. Humility, like much else promoted by the JWs, is vastly overrated.

• The Finger
    The Finger

The Watchtower.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I love all Walter Mosley (Easy Rawlings Series) books. The last was Blonde Faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit