Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley. Brave New World and The God delusion

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Sick Screams of the Snatchtower by Frick Rearon

Bizarro world universe

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Heresy by Alister Mcgrath

Just finished " A reason for God" by Tim Keller.

And next up is "The Quotable Hitchens".

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

just finished Shattered Dreams - My Life as a Polygamist's Wife by Irene Spencer - 400 pages but so unputdownable that I finished it in 2 days.

Unbelievable how these Mormon offshoots could find scriptures to support their polygamist lifestyle but what I found so amazing is how these people really truly believe they are doing God's will - totally brainwashed to not question how they've been indoctrinated - I figure any jdub who reads this will certainly see similarities that might cause them to question their own faith...fascinating reading!

http://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Dreams-Life-Polygamists-Wife/dp/1599957191

• XxAmeliaXx
    XxAmeliaXx

I just finished "Paranormality" by Richard Wiseman. He explains the science behind out of body experiences and how to achieve the effect safely, coincidences and spiritistic practices. Loads of other stuff too with a barcoded web address so you can watch various controlled experiments posted on the internet. There are experiments to try out yourself too so it is fun as well as informative and practical.

Now I am half way through Kyria Abrahams "I'm Perfect You're Doomed. Really funny and I can relate to a lot of her child hood experiences especially the ones involving a younger brother!

• zoiks
    zoiks
    And now I see that HBO is making a miniseries out of A Game of Thrones. Wow!

Watersprout said, Watched the first episode yesterday and i was a little disturbed! Although disturbing i can't wait for the next installment! Lol

Gratuitous BTTT

Has anyone else read A Song of Ice and Fire? Anyone watching its HBO adaptation A Game of Thrones? Amazing books, and a great TV series so far...

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Has anyone else read A Song of Ice and Fire?

Not yet but i will be!

Peace

• zoiks
    zoiks

Excellent! Of course, the TV series is only based on the first book. There are four books out, one coming in July, and two more planned for a total of seven. HBO will be continuing with at least a second season, so who knows? Maybe they'll cover the whole thing.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Emperor of Maladies

White Fang, Jack London

The Meaning of Jesus, Wright and Borg.

• d
    d

Autobiography of Malcolm X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit