What Are You Reading?

by zoiks 161 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Lots of people are reading Marx again, all sorts of books by and about Marx have been selling very well for the past couple of years.

I started reading Blood Meridian but never finished it. I did watch this lecture online though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyZ4ia25gg

• zoiks
    zoiks

Ok, I had to resurrect this thread. Currently I'm reading George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books. For all of you fantasy fans out there, this might just be the best that the genre has to offer. Better than Tolkien, Goodkind, Brooks, Jordan. It's really, really good.

I just finished A Game of Thrones, and am about halfway through A Clash of Kings.

And now I see that HBO is making a miniseries out of A Game of Thrones. Wow!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I just purchased Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia on Saturday night. I have a feeling that by the time I get done with it, I'll be schizophrenic.

• doublelife
    doublelife

I'm now reading the Portable Atheist with introductions by Christopher Hitchens. It was the first birthday present I ever received from my boyfriend last November.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Crisis of Conscience - 4th reading for the 1st time.

Syl

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm about to start and it's on my night stand, "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown (author of the DaVinci Code & Angels & Demons)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Currently I'm reading:

How Starbucks Saved My Life by Michael Gates Gill

Collected Ghost Stories by M. R. James

and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

I am reading The Fallen 2: Aerie & Reckoning

It is about Aaron, a teen who discovers that he is a nephilim (a result of human-angel reproduction). He discovers that his destiny is to redeem the fallen angels who rebelled against God in the great war of heaven. To fulfill his destiny he must avoid The Powers, a group of seemingly faithful angels that are led by a power-hungry angel named Verchiel.

It's the second and final omnibus in the series, each volume containing two novels.

It's a very interesting story and great for older teens, especially boys (even if the cover suggests otherwise).

• watersprout
    watersprout
    And now I see that HBO is making a miniseries out of A Game of Thrones. Wow!

Watched the first episode yesterday and i was a little disturbed! Although disturbing i can't wait for the next installment! Lol

Just finished reading Doreen Virtues ''Angel words''... Fabulous book!

Peace

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

A classic - Cry, the Beloved Country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit