What Are You Reading?

by zoiks 161 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I'm trying to read Clouds and notice lots of the JWN type humour I've grown quite fond of

• zoiks
    zoiks

Gratuitous BTTT!

Currently:

The End of Faith by Sam Harris

In the queue:

Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

The Hite Report by Shere Hite

The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Kuhn

@zoiks: Please let me know what you think of Ishmael once you've read it--it was an important book to me many years ago.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    @zoiks: Please let me know what you think of Ishmael once you've read it--it was an important book to me many years ago.

Will do! I had ordered it from a book swap last week, but the book that came in the mail today was Philosophy for Teens.

Hopefully, after sorting out this little misunderstanding, I'll have it next week...

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Why Evolution is True, Jerry Coyne

Likewise. Also The Complete Sherlock Holmes Anthology (Arthur Conan Doyle), Deuteronomy, and The Associate (John Grisham).

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

Philosophy for Teens?! Sweet! I was going to ask how you get a teen to actually read that, but seeing as how it's (c) 2007 and there's not a single review on Amazon, I'm guessing you don't.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. My gramma read them to me when I was a child and I've read them over and over through the years.

Love Stephen King, too! The Stand in its entirety was amazing work.

The Grapes of Wrath was a very good one, too. It was poetic every other chapter.

• awildflower
    awildflower

White Dove, I looooove the Laura Ingalls books. Have them all , read them all, been to all the homesteads. (like you it's all about a sentimental value) And I finished Stephen King's The Dome not to long ago, very cool.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Just finished "Testimony of Two Men" by Taylor Caldwell this past week and about through "The Listener" by her as well. I have been enjoying Taylor Caldwell since "Captains and the Kings". Planning on reading "Ceremony of the Innocent" or "Dear and Glorious Physician" but I dont know which one I will start first.

LRG

• musky
    musky

"A Dark Matter"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit