If God Truly Cared About People Wouldn't He DO SOMETHING By Now?

by minimus 392 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Abraham - "Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?" - Gen. 18:25

Me - "Apparently not."

• minimus
    minimus

When California has forest fires, it's man's fault.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

no minimus, that falls under unforseen occurances. Lilly

• minimus
    minimus

No, that falls into the same category as why river blindness occurs. Somehow, some people simply want to shift blame for God simply not doing anything and it's man's fault.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Happy guy is full of nonesense.

If he is so concerned about the river worms or any suffering of mankind then instead of waiting for a god he doesn't believe in to fix the problems, he should go out into the world and help these people. After all the church of Christ has been active in the world by helping others in numerous ways for 2,000 years now. Our faith in God is alive and Active. We are not sitting on our tusshies waiting for God to come take care of all our ills. Because we have a PROPER view of God and his Word, we know that we are to live in the world, as it is now, awaiting Christ to return. But yet, even in the midst of adversity, suffering, violence, etc. We are supposed to go forth into the world as Christ's ambassadors and do good to all people. And that is what we are doing.

If our faith moves us to do all we do in the name of our Lord, while awaiting his return, and you think we are stupid for it, then so be it. I am sure the millions of people being helped by Christians when they are in need do not feel the same way. Also if you refuse to understand that MOST, not ALL, but MOST of our ills are due to mankind itself and our bad dicisions and violent nature, then that is your problem. Maybe you are the one in need of more education?

I am not ignorant of the fact that yes there are natural disasters, enemies of man in nature, (river worms, snakes, etc), and unforseen occurances, i.e. floods, fires, etc. that also befall us and this is not related directly to man's sin. These occasions are when the world should really help one another and show our God given quality of love and compassion.

To just sit back and wait for God to do everything for us is not a biblical view and is an imature one too.

Minimus, your original Q was "if there is a God, why doesn't he do something by now?

Here is my final response and I am addressing you alone;

He has done something, he sent his Son into the world to reconcile it back to himself and he himself paid the price for our lives, with his OWN life. If he did not care, he would not have done this. (See John 3:16) And yes, in the meantime, until all things are reconciled back to himself people will die and suffer. Because that is a part of THIS LIFE but not the life that is to come. And any suffering we go through is temporary and so is death, these things even affect the Church of believers. But death is temporary and any innocents who die will be brought back to life. And do you think they are going to turn and ask God "what took you so long" when they realize they are ALIVE again?? Doubt it.

Even believers like myself, grace, littletree, etc. ask God many times why the long wait? All believers do that at least once in their lives. We are not very patient and want a quick fix to all our ills right now, but we cannot rush God. In his infinite wisdom, He has his own plan and time frame for all things. The thing with the church is we are to "endure to the end" meaning not become disheartened because things do not happen when we want them to. It may not even happen in our lifetime. But still we are told to keep waiting in expectation.

Think of all the old testament prophets and people like Abraham and Isaac who awaiting the "city not made by human hands" and the coming of the Messiah. They prophesied about him, spoke about him and waiting their ENTIRE lives. Yet, Paul said they did not see the fulfillment of the promise. Yet they died faithful and were counted among those whose names are written in heaven.

Anther way we (the church) know that God's cares about us is that we have intimate fellowship with him daily thru the Holy Spirit that dwells in us. You said you believe in God but still have lot's of Q's. If you truly believe in him, then you can ask him to send the Holy Spirit to you, because the Holy Spirit will help answer all your Q's. That is what his specific work is to do. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers so that you can recieve your answers and have peace in your life. Lilly

• minimus
    minimus

Most interesting! I'm very aware of what the scriptures say, obviously. Simply, your answer is wait on Him. He's got a wonderful plan to stop suffering. Yeah, I know that. There are plenty of examples of faithful waiters. Lovely. Frankly, your (sincere) comments do nothing to those in real pain, who live in horrible conditions, who are born ill with no real positive change to occur. Maybe they too can get the Holy Spirit and they'll understand that their real issues are not that they can't eat or that they are systematically raped,or tortured for their belefs. I'm sure the Spirit can give them peace. Really.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Minimus,

That is why the church is the light of the world and we have to go out and take action to help those in need. Of course we are not just standing by and watching people suffer and tell them "oh well wait on God". We are not like the JW's who distribute bible literature but will not provide someone with food, shelter or medical care if they need it.

God is active today through all his believers. We are Christ's Ambassadors and while awaiting his return must go out in the world and help others. God is working through US. And when he returns, he will ask an accounting from US. Peace to you always, I am going to pm you my email address, just in case you ever do want to talk off the board. Lilly

• minimus
    minimus

You refuse to admit that GOD COULD DO SOMETHING if he wanted to. I don't care about what people do or don't do. My question was NOT-- If We Truly Cared About People Wouldn't We Do Something By Now?---

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Yes he could. And he did. That is the answer.

• minimus
    minimus

WHAT DOES HE DO RIGHT NOW FOR those I've mentioned who through no fault of their own are in anguish? Nothing! THAT is the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit