What accusations do you have about us JWs? AND what group are YOU a part of?

by theMadJW 282 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yesidid
    yesidid

Madjw said:

Examples, please...other than with speculation on prophecy, of which I quickly AGREE with you!

We gave you examples, but you have chosen to ignore them.

Made you uncomfortable did they?

So have you chosen not to acknowledge our posts or that the WBTS goes beyond what is written?

y

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Let the Thread Die..

Along with the Idiot that wrote it..

• cantleave
    cantleave

Outlaw - I agree. He still hasn't answered the comments to his first accusatory post.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Ok, now I have to say this, unpopular as it may be. For an apologist, at least madjw is entertaining. He has no argument, but he has a sense of humor. And who knows, perhaps he'll eventually use that brain of his to understand just how failed the WTS prophecies really are.

Ada

• Open mind
    Open mind

130 years and not a single Kingdom Malady can even begin to compare to the works of Handel, Bach or Mozart.

So, MadJW, do you sing these things with gusto?

om

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I agree with Adamakawee, and I'll go one step further. I see enough honesty and candor in this person to predict that he will eventually fully awaken from the fog that is the WTS. He is at an interesting place in his journey to freedom. Peace to you MadJW. Talk to you later, The Oracle

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

You know its funny whenever you expose the WTS to what it really is or what it has done, you get the same response

from its supports " well what group are you from ? " Like there is no such thing individual subjective analysis of all religions.

Then the accusation placed on the WTS. Corporation is that it wasn't endeared to tell the truth in the first place,

which it never did, but they intensionally exploited nonfactual evidence to propagate literature, an investment ($) that

wasn't going to be lost and secondly to self define themselves as the ones that are divinely guided by god to direct power to the

individualistic leaders. In other words it was a concocted scam on the grandness scale and it still is.

• yesidid
    yesidid

MadJW

Do you think it is right or wrong for the leaders of the WBTS to systematically lie to their followers over a period of at least 60 years? That is not a rhetorical question.

Over more than sixty years they have claimed they were expecting Jesus return in 1914. It is a deliberate lie. Until at least 1929 they were teaching that Jesus had returned invisibly in 1874. So they certainly were not expecting him in 1914.

You don’t have to take my word for it, below are the Watchtower quotes that prove it. If you wish I have many more quotes, but these will do for the moment.

First the quotes of what they are now teaching:

***w546/15p.370TheRevelationofJesusChrist***

4 "Why, then, do the nations not realize and accept the approach of this climax of judgment? It is because they have not heeded the world-wide advertising of Christ's return and his second presence.Since long before World War I Jehovah's witnesses pointed to 1914 as the time for this great event to occur.

--The Watchtower ' , July 15th, 1965 page 428

"Jehovah's Advancing Organization"

As we look back over the years, we can clearly see how God's organization in modern times has progressed in understanding. For example, it learned that Christ's second presence was to be in the spirit, and not in the flesh as many professed Christians believe. His rule would be from the heavens. This was a new revelation of great importance to God's people who had beenanxiously awaiting his second presence toward the end of the nineteenth century.

*** w 198412/1 pp. 13-14 Happy Are Those Found Watching! ***

20 Russell and his associates quickly understood that Christ’s presence would be invisible. They disassociated themselves from other groups and, in 1879, began publishing spiritual food in Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence. From its first year of publication, this magazine pointed forward, by sound Scriptural reckoning, to the date 1914 as an epoch-making date in Bible chronology. So when Christ’s invisible presence began in 1914, happy were these Christians to have been found watching!

The greatest Man who ever lived. 1991

*** gtchap.132AtGod’sRightHand***

A careful study of Bible prophecies, including Jesus’ own prophecy regarding the last days, reveals that “the Lord’s day” began in the history-making year 1914, yes, within this generation! So it was in 1914 that Jesus returned invisibly, without public fanfare and with only his faithful servants being aware of his return.

The quotes below show that until about 1930 they had been teaching that Christ HAD returned in 1874. Armageddon was expected in 1914.

--The Watch Tower, 1 March 1923, page 67

The Scriptures show that the second presence [of the Lord] was due in 1874 . . . . This proof shows that the Lord has been present since 1874.

--The Watch Tower, 1 January 1924, page 5

Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus is present and has been since 1874.

From the book “Prophecy ‘published in the year 1929, pages 65, 66 l

The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 AD. This proof is specifically set out in the booklet entitled Our Lord's Return.

From the book ' Proclaimers…' published in 1993

*** jv 632 28 Testing and Sifting From Within *** Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King. They also thought they would be given their heavenly reward at that time. When that did not occur, they concluded that since Jesus anointed followers were to share with him in the Kingdom, the resurrection to spirit life of those already sleeping in death began then. It was also reasoned that the end of Gods special favor to natural Israel down to 36 C.E. might point to 1881 as the time when the special opportunity to become part of spiritual Israel would close.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I accuse the "Governing Body" of lyingly calling the Bethel servants a "family". "Bethel family" is a huge lie. When a family member gets sick, do you get them a bottle of pills and kick them out of the family? That's how it works in the Bethel family! I learned that truth from the words of no less than Stephen Lett.

I belong to many groups. Obviously, I am a member of the Ex-Bethelite Group.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I accuse Jehovah's Witnesses of murdering Mr. Body, in the Library, with the Candlestick.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit