20/20

by SnakesInTheTower 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well the searches on the computer and the life insurance sure raise a red flag. Why would a witness..no matter if it was he or his wife..look death and dying up on a computer..they aren't going to die..

I say he's guilty...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    It looks like if he really is guilty then he covered his tracks well.

Which just adds to the evidence it was him, as opposed to anyone else. Who else would have the forethought, during a supposed robbery-gone-wrong, to carefully and cleverly remove all evidence?

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

If anybody misses the episode, I'm sure you can catch it at hulu.com http://www.hulu.com/search?query=20%2F20+jarka&st=1 They're already showing clips from it...

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

If my beloved spouse was just murdered, my childrens father........... ..........there would be no way in hell I could be interrogated for ten hours and not have a fit to get out, get to and console my children and family.

Maybe he tried, IDK.

purps

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

There was a lot of circumstantial evidence in the case that was against Jarka and that was what convicted him.

3 different life insurance policies, an supposed burglary attack in the early morning etc.

The guy looks like he was doing an acting job for the get go.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    ...though I find it interesting that the blurb specifies JW.. other religions dont get that special mention

The rank and file in other religions don't claim to be ministers. Every time a pastor, priest or even a deacon of a church is accused of a crime, reference is made to their religion and position.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Homicide detectives are trained on crime scenes that have been purposely set up.

This one particular case most likely started to look like a set up and it progressed as the investigation continued.

When there is a crime pre-mediated such as a murder there usually is evidence to support it around the place of the crime itself and

people closely associated with the victim.

Another possibility what may have happened is he hired someone to do the killing promising the killer with

a large amount of money after the life insurance is collected.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I wish the reporter had made some comment about that fact that as a JW elder, Jarka had most likely "interrogated" many people. His behavior while being questioned was likely different than the average persons' behavior, as he had been in that room many times before -- but on the other side of the table.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Good point Leavingwt

• Dagney
    Dagney

Surreal, watching this with my JW friends. My g/f grew up with the BIL of the slain woman and saw him at the DC this last summer. They are caring for the two children.

It's awful sad. There is a big piece of the story missing here. And no comment about the elder being called in that evening for marital counseling and leaving at 4am, and claim ecclesiastical privilege because he didn't want to testify. They sure left out a lot of stuff in the program.

Maybe it was because the reporter was raised a JW. I didn't know that Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit