20/20

by SnakesInTheTower 74 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I think the police were quite competent in this case, if they had bungled it they would have lost and he would have gotten off.

A few decades ago I think he wouldn't have been charged and convicted on the crime.

Crime detection and investigation has improved substantially over the years.

He thought he could out smart the police by making it all look like a burglary attempt that went wrong.

In doing so he wouldn't be punished and save face with friends and family and receive total empathy from them.

The no witnesses to the act was quite engulfed in his mind and he played on that probably more than he should have which brought supposition upon himself.

Sounds like the marriage was heading for its end and he couldn't emotionally handle it, which eventually brought him to do what he did.

Fortunately for the kids they are of an age they will forget most of it, sad story nonetheless for all concerned for sure.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    tenyearsafter wrote: Did no one find the Jim Avila/JW connection interesting?

Actually, I mentioned it a few times on different threads.

You have a pm.

-Aude.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Purps...I think you are probably right. As disgusting as this case was, it didn't really stand out amongst the many horrendous crimes of the last two years other than the JW angle...and I suspect Avila ran with it for that reason.

Saoirse...interesting...I didn't pick up on that.

stillin...no one wants to see an innocent person railroaded into prison or worse. I think the internet searches were rather creepy. How do you spin things like "best ways to kill someone", "how long to medically smother someone"?...creepy at best, damning at worse. The life insurance policies didn't help either...

TYA

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

AudeSapere...you have a PM

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

AudeSapere...you have a PM

Back at ya!

• AudeSapere
  • Snoozy
    Snoozy

The thing that questions me is why wasn't ANY blood found on him at all?
    And why none in his car?

With todays forensic methods they can pick up on blood anywhere so how did he do it?
    I did notice he was quite emphatic in stating that also.

Maybe his wife had something on him..crushing blows to her head sounds like he wanted to shut her up about something..destroy her brain so to speak...but how did he do it without getting blood all over him..it was all over the area where she was attacked. There was no way he could have gotten rid of all the blood on himself..

Maybe the way he carried it out is hidden on the computer inquires..or maybe that was just a little ironic twist in his game..

How old were the children?

Snoozy...

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I think Kelle Jarka brought reproach on to god's earthly organization, boy is this going to look bad on his publishers report card.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

wish they could find the computer that was "stolen"

• Mary
    Mary
    about the internet searches that the guy did...could the wife have had that post-partum syndrome thing possibly?

I'm not sure what Post Partum Syndrome would have to do with the subjects that were googled. Why would the wife have googled things like 'how long does it take someone to die of suffocation' and 'how long until life insurance kicks in' or 'how long should you wait to get remarried after your spouse dies? Unless she was planning to murder him, it would make absolutely no sense for her to google these kinds of topics. However, in hindsight, it makes perfect sense for Kelle Jarka to google them. He had obviously planned the murder of his wife and wanted to see what the best way to go about it would be. Strangulation? A baseball bat to the head? What's the best way to do it? They found the same 'coincidental' stuff googled on Scott Peterson's computer where it showed that the day before he bought the boat, he had researched the bay’s tide and wind conditions and boat launch sites near Berkeley Marina.

I, as apparantly a minority here, hate to see an innocent person shipped off to prison with no hope of parole. It's just that "what if?" thing.

No one wants to see an innocent person go to prison for 40 years. But even from what we've seen on 20/20, there's too many lies he was caught in, too many weird coincidences. Why would someone break in to the Jarka's home, presumably to rob them, and leave $500 in cash just sitting there? If Isabella was in bed when someone kicked in the side door, she surely would have woken up and called 911 herself. Yet the evidence says she was in bed when she was blungeoned and it was indeed, overkill. Don't robbers usually carry a gun when robbing someone's house? Next, even if they had've used a bat or something, I'm guessing that if they did hit her over the head, once or twice would have at least momentarily knocked her out, giving them enough time to get away. The only reason anyone would have for whacking her on the head 12 times is because someone wanted to make sure she was dead---not just knocked out, but dead.

And interestingly enough, no neighbour saw anyone strange come running out of the Jarka's house with a weapon of some sort in their hand. Kelle Jarka was gone for less than one hour and that just happens to be the time that his wife's murdered? Sorry, I don't buy it.

I don't like the guy either, but neither do I feel that all JW's are EVIL. The jury may have seen it that way and simply railroaded the jerk.

I don't think anyone sees "all JW's as evil". Why would they? Most Witnesses would never pull something like this and I doubt the jury even thought about that.

Scary to me is the search of the computer (is anybody here noticing?) and the "spin" that could be put on anybody's computer's history.

What's scary is what was googled into the computer. It was all information that Kelle Jarka required (or thought he did). If you weren't planning on killing someone, why on earth would you be googling all that crap?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit