20/20

by SnakesInTheTower 74 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I dont know if this has already been posted..but 20/20 has this as one of its segments tonight (Fri 11/20/09 9PM CST..ABC)

devout Jehovah's Witness is suspected of murdering his wife of 19 years in cold

Snakes (Rich )

• choosing life
    choosing life

Thanks, Rich, I plan to watch it. Hope things are going well for you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I mentioned in another thread a few days ago that Jim Avila (legal correspondent for 20/20) was raised a witness. I believe he is the reporter for this story.

I do not know if he was ever baptized but his dad was an elder in my congregation in the 70's and 80's. I met Jim just once - at his father's funeral in the mid 90's.

Jim has covered a few JW stories but, to my knowledge, has not mentioned his own JW background.

Last I heard his mom is still quite active but that info is old now.

My guess is he won't slam the JWs out of respect for his mom. Probably just report on the facts.

-Aude.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

aude:

Probably just report on the facts.

I prefer that to some of the sensationalism of some of the other networks. I am sure 20/20 does it too... though I find it interesting that the blurb specifies JW.. other religions dont get that special mention

snakes (Rich )

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I've set my DVR to record it. Thank you.

• mouthy
    mouthy

But I heard it is going to be Palin on

• no lies please
    no lies please

I'm watching it right now. This a tragic story. Shockingly violent.

NLP

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

His 911 call and first interview look very damning ,but the lack of hard evidence against him can't be denied .

It looks like if he really is guilty then he covered his tracks well.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

the jury sure seemed convinced he was a fake .

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh isnt this awful.... The judge called him evil....A JW''s who'd have thunk it ?
    Well life in prison he will be able to count his time Right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit