20/20

by SnakesInTheTower 74 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I am originally from New York State and when my parents were still alive I worked for SBLI - Life Insurance co. Anyway, I wanted to take out two senior life insurance policies on them to pay for their burial if they passed because they had no life insurance. I had to bring both of them into my job to do this. In New York State it is illegal to take out life insurance on any adult unless they are present during the transaction and sign for it.

I don't know what the laws are in other states but perhaps this should be the standard. No one should be able to take life insurance out on someone over the internet.

• Stealth
    Stealth

About the insurance, will the laws allow for the children to get the insurance money? I hope so.

They also mentioned in the program that the children were being adopted by a member of Issabell's family. Legaly does Kelle lose all parental rights because of being convicted of murder? He really lost it all, including his own children.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

As much as the children could use the money, it would hardly be fair to the insurance company to make them the victim of this fraud.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm an insurance agent, We MUST see the person that is being insured and make sure they are competant and can sign all papers understanding that life coverage has been taken out on them. I'm not sure how he got 3 policies on her without her knowledge.

With life insurance there is a contractual two year contestability clause. Insurance could deny paying off on the claim. Each state has their own laws and it varies.

I just hope the children can find peace and will be able to have full and happy lives.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...if I were innocent, I would NOT calmly sit for hours while being interrogated.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment...

If I were innocent, then I would be more calm than if I was guilty and being interrogated. I'd have nothing to hide or fear, knowing that when they got their shit together, they would hopefully eliminate me as a suspect (but more on that later).

Then again (devil's devils advocate, I guess), a sociopath would probably be calm even if was guilty.

I didn't see 20/20 and didn't keep up with the court case to form an opinion on guilt/innocence. I've known someone wrongfully convicted on circumstantial evidence (later exonerated) so I'm careful to having a knee jerk reaction presuming guilt. The fact is, the jury found him guilty so in the eyes of the law he is guilty, unless his appeals process reveals evidence proving his innocence.

On a side note, it amazes me how many people allow themselves to be interrogated by the cops without a lawyer present. It ain't just a TV slogan, you do have the right to remain silent. Guilty or innocent, I ain't saying shit till my attorney is present. Too many innocent people in prison for me to trust the cops and DA who are under pressure to bring someone to justice as quickly as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit