• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

You're priceless, CoCo!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Sylvia:

Thank you for opening up new worlds to me, viz.: KJV, Alabama, and, via Mississippi, Wm. Faulkner ...

You are a gemstone upon a setting of filigree precious mettle.

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

It takes mettle to make it on my own in this here place!

Here is an example of a prozeugma, also called a tri-colon.

“Lust conquered shame, audacity fear, madness reason.”

I've got to get off my lazy derriere and enroll in college!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

I've got to get off my lazy multi-tasking derriere and enroll in college! [or remain forever an autodidact]

Sylvia

Thanks for the tri-colon example, which is also a good one of ellipsis, wherein the reader supplies the missing words.

I have been enlightened - thanks!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

You're sooooo tactful, CoCo.

When I was in college, the instructors just loved little ol' me!

Sylvia

• restrangled
    restrangled

Coco, your writing reminds me a bit of Saul Bellow's Herzog.

Thoroughly enjoyable!

From page 140 and 141 of Herzog/Penguin classics in paperback by Saul Bellow:

"Survival! he noted. Till we figure out what's what. Till the chance comes to exert a positive influence. (Personal responsibility for history, a trait of Western culture, rooted in the Testaments, Old and New, the idea of the continual improvement of human life on this earth. What else explained Herzog's ridiculous intensity?) Lord, I ran to fight in Thy holy cause, but kept tripping, never reached the scene of the struggle."

"He saw through this as well. If nothing else, he was too rich in diseases to be satisfied with such a description."

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sylvia:

Thanks!

Restrangled:

I appreciate the compliment and literary reference. You and Syl have sent me agoogling to see what these giants (on whose shoulders we stand) are all about!

Thank you, too!

CoCo

• restrangled
    restrangled

Coco, You, Sylvia and Beks have me running to the dictionary.....lol.

Thanks for the education! College words I don't believe the Awake ever used!!!!

Creel, Inveterate, laconic, euphony, mellifluous, Proserpina, tricolon, and autodidact!!!!!

I'll admit I haven't looked them all up yet, its embarrassing not to know after spending a life time reading!

r.

• musky
    musky

Hey CoCo, How about you back away from the staircase and we go for a cup of coffee?

Well,I thought I would try anyways.Something tells me you just cannot resist continuing up those stairs.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good evening, restrangled and Musky.

I hope that you've both had a wonderful day. All's well here.

Seems we'll always have a Websters in hand, restrangled, but that's half the fun. It breaks into the reading flow, of course. When I write, the "Good Book" is always open. Still learning after all these years.

Would love to get into that cup o' joe with you, Musky, my friend. Once I get down from the stairs ...? If I actually get into the house with the darkened pane - it's still all imagination - I may find it totally sanitized, pretty and pink.

Now, that's scary!

Thanks, the two of youse.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit