musky

I am enlightened.

Thanks

• compound complex
    compound complex

Googling bildungsroman ...

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sure by now CoCo you are aware that I work at the library. I was adding a new book once, and that word was actually in the genre for cataloging! I had no idea.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Included in a long list of literary examples are Harry Potter and The Secret Life of Bees. This is just a start for me. Thanks, Beks and Musky and Kudra for inspiration and ideas and r. for the good eats!

Love,

CoCo

The bildungsroman generally takes the following course [ 2 ] :

• The protagonist grows from child to adult.
    • The protagonist has a reason to embark upon his or her journey. A loss or some discontent must, at an early stage, jar him or her away from the home or family setting.
    • Eventually, the spirit and values of the social order become manifested in the protagonist, who is ultimately incorporated into the society. The novel ends with the protagonist's assessment of himself and his new place in that society.

en.wikipedia.org

• beksbks
    beksbks

CoCo, I was just reminded, and felt the need to tell you, that you are a wonderful individual. I'm privileged to have crossed paths with you.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I salute Coco and Bek - kindred spirits.

Word Origin & History

Bildungsroman
    1910, from Ger., from bildung "education" + roman "novel." A novel set in the formative years, or the time of spiritual education, of the main character.

Thanks for all y'all do. Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Sylvia, Beks and Musky:

I appreciate your ongoing comments and input and friendship.

This info on bildung is incredible, Beks and Syl. It was my intention to message you, Snowbird, to see if you were familiar with it. My week's weak state due to the porcine pox following the circuit assembly, including three-day's high fever, had me careering between extreme mental confusion, visions and consideration of new choices in my current life of the first-time-ever unemployed.

If this makes no sense it's because I'm still recovering. Good or bad time for writing fiction?

I can't be away from you, my dear ones here, though there's no threat of spreading the contagion ...

Much love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good or bad time for writing fiction?

Good time!

Some of the finest works are produced during times of mental opaqueness.

LOL (sympathetically, of course) at this:

porcine pox
  • compound complex
    compound complex

I called him the boss, but it would be more correct to affix this definitive appellation to our leader: The Boss. An upper case distinction with a telling difference. He and his unctuous groupies did the telling ... and writing ... and enforcing, with no little mean persuasion.

The aforementioned peasants and their vile, polluting ways that posed a potential threat to us "pure" ones was so paradoxically a little thing, a most common occurrence among the uneducated masses of impoverished humanity: their artlessness, and, particularly among these gentle island folk, their link to Nature.

It was as though each of the little brown babies was born of the soil's womb itself, teeming with life and vitality and the earth's multiplicity of spirit entities. These newborns, linked to and inextricably intertwined with Mother Earth, matured rapidly from precocious adolescence to a knowing and sage priesthood of healers. Healers of any form of malady, even those of the heart and soul. I was among the few ennobled "benefactors" who refused, albeit in my heart [it was prudent and necessary to keep one's own counsel], to disdain the obvious natural gifts of these dear but maligned pagans.

Where do superior individuals derive validation of their supposed ascendency over those less outwardly advantaged? From their reading and believing their nation's jingoist writers and from their own personal self-appraisal before gilt-edged, rose-colored looking glasses.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Where do superior individuals derive validation of their supposed ascendency over those less outwardly advantaged? From their reading and believing their nation's jingoist writers and from their own personal self-appraisal before gilt-edged, rose-colored looking glasses.

That question has dogged me since the age of five when I was scolded severely by my mother out of fear that I was appearing too uppity.

My crime? I spoke to a "different" person before that person first spoke to me.

Crazy ...

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit