Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

My arrest of attention upon movement upstairs was abruptly diverted by the slamming shut of the huge entry door, that accomplished with a huge sucking sound and consequent evacuation of a heavy, fetid atmosphere. More unsettled by my own annoyance at the rude interruption of the unfolding of delicious terror than I was by actual fright, I spun round and stopped dead, face-to-face with a most unexpected sight ...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I don't feel I am intellectually intelligent enough to comment on these threads, but OH, My!!

I really enjoy reading the banter and the stories.....

Thank-you for letting me intrude.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Palmtree :

It's no instrusion whatsoever! Thank you for responding, and please feel free to offer whatever thoughts pop into the noggin! Everyone loves a spooky story ... I do believe ...

I DO believe....

All the best,

CoCo

• musky
    musky

I knew we shoulda went for coffee!

Have a good evening CoCo.Stay ..................safe?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

coco,

I would buy one of your collections. I just need some time to reflect and digest..... and put my thoughts into words.....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Musky and Palmtree:

Sweet dreams and ... yes, stay safe!

: Take your time ... we don't want to "digest" yet....

Love and signing off,

CoCo

• Open mind
    Open mind

Whenever I sample your prose, CoCo, I always think of "Vincent" by Don McClean.

"This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."

Keep writing.

Don't change a thing.

Best regards,

om

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Open Mind,

As I took yet another of my "moonlight" strolls (1:30 a.m., actually), I thought of such kindness and generosity as yours, traits that serve as impetus to me as a writer and human being.

May you and yours be blessed.

In friendship,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

I love these type threads - a welcome respite from Tigergate, Obamagate, and Trinitygate!

Thanks, CoCo, and others who responded.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Sylvia, for the bons mots!

My next installment should have special meaning for you and other bibliophiles ...

Gratefully,

CoCo de la Plume

BTW: Wm. Faulkner had an infant daughter named Alabama; she lived only a few days ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit