Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• clarity
    clarity

CC - just wanted to tell you that I almost went blind reading your `Through a Darkend Pane`, lol 32pgs!! Very interesting on many counts ... the writings, rantings, paintings and thoughts. I don`t know you of course, but the descriptions of your surroundings were fascinating.

``I`ve always seen myself as a winner, even as a kid. If I hadn`t, I just might have gone down the drain a couple of times. I`ve got something inside of me, peasantlike and stubborn, and I`m in it `til the end of the race.`` ------ Truman Capote.

You are inspiring, best of luck.

clarity

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest Clarity:

Thank you for your kind words and those of Capote. They are inspiring; we all need encouragement, and I ... every day, all day long.

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

For Snowbird:

The Watcher and the Watched

I watch.

I watch the world - what little there is of it locally - from my fenestrated perch: the crumbling gallery atop the house of Dubois. Confined here by affliction since early manhood, I cannot say that I content myself (by no means is this cripple content) with a happy awareness of how good it is to be alive. No. There is no joy nor happiness nor even the merest satisfaction that each day I should welcome the dawn and the ensuing dance of the hours.

This, my prison, holds me - heart, body, soul - with talons set in purchase upon the brittle shell of a life once holding promise.

I am watched ...

(to be continued)

The above is a dramatization, not a reflection of an overwhelmed, guilt-ridden and stricken spirit. No, not at all!

CoCo Content

• snowbird
    snowbird

(to be continued)

I - we - await.

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Syl, for replying!

I'm off to scrub toilets and clean floors, whence this hapless poet draws inspiration and his daily pain.

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am watched:

Who, really, are you?

A mischievous and cunning benevolence? Despite the shadowy realms my mind inhabits, you cannot be a heartless malevolence that, first, strikes me down, then, enters your sharpened sword into every thread that has been woven into the fabric I am. Good spirit or bad, your true essence cannot be scanned by an inner sight I do not have. What I sense is that you - whoever you are - stopped my hand before it overtook and laid waste to a soul desiring escape from life's cruelties.

Could I have known that, past despair, my own light would dawn anew and reawaken the dream of life I once held?

Whoever it is you are, I thank you ...

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

wow just wow. Did I say wow?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Indeed!

Hi, Tati!!!

Syl

• its_me!
    its_me!

Compond Complex---- I ache for you while at the same time marvel at your expressive abilities. I cannot understand your pain, as I have not endured the same attrocities, but I ache for you just the same. You are amazing to say the least. I am with you 100%. I welcome the prospect of communicating with you on a one on one basis. PM me anytime!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Ones: Tatiana, Syl and it's_me! [welcome to JWN, it's_me!] ...

I am grateful and touched beyond words by your chorus of support, I who frequently seem so at odds with life. I [the new and happier me] have endeavored to detach myself from the angst of a troubled life and put once-inner poison in detoxified fashion to paper. Sylvia - precious soul - has helped this tottering man stay on course. Others, too, whom I count as friends, have assisted me greatly. I am humbled that I may call Tatiana and it's_me! friends.

Bless you all!

Love,

CoCo

BTW: Tatiana - your gorgeous avatar is Maggie from He Killed Our Father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit