Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Smells are the most powerful memory blasters, aren't they, Sylvie? Smells are hugely powerful to me. Glad you found some Octagon!

Love,
    Baba.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes. 46 years later, I can still remember the smell of our neighbors's front porch!

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Syl, for sharing your nostalgia.

Nana made her own lye soap for laundry and heavy-duty cleaning [grimy g'kids]. I always liked CB bar soap but now use IVORY exclusively, even for washing my laundry with a washboard - in the bathtub!

BTW: Little Tales [JWS] and TADP are running neck-to-neck in the views department - 6800-plus each. Thanks for your contributions. They're much appreciated!

CoCo

Edited to add: Hi Baba! Just saw you! Thanks, too, for your responses, so regularly and faithfully!

CC

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Hello Coco!

Good to see you! I hope you haven't missed me too much.

Love, Rob.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Rob, Rob!

So good to hear from you!

It's great you're back, and, of course, I missed you!

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird
    but now use IVORY exclusively, even for washing my laundry with a washboard - in the bathtub!

Haven't used a washboard since 1971 - to plagiarize Carl Sagan, we have grown fat and lazy and careless.

I like the unscented Ivory bars.

Good stuff!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Been reading up on the First and Second Defenestrations of Prague.

LOL.

The Catholic Church has been involved in some dirt, you hear me?

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ziddina!!!

We need your input!

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Perceiving deep within yet another birthing pang of anxiety, John Progg shot a glance out his three-story window, musing that, perhaps, defenestrating himself would put an end to his recurring bouts of crippling depression.

Rather, he opted simply to continue defenestrating his gaze and let it land wherever it may....

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Thanks, CoCo.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit