You're my HERO!!! [bats eyelashes in a totally platonic way... ]

• compound complex
    compound complex

Ziddy:

of Plato ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

He led me - me, the one with so many questions now laid uneasily to a state of near dormancy - to the very heights of Mount Nemo, which, the adept knew, would afford me a vista quite like none other.

From the bucolic knolls that undulated cheerily upon the fertile valleys I called home there was no heart-stopping panorama stretching into an infinite wonder of blue and gray and uncharted yonder. Content, so very content, I had once been to gambol through fields brilliant with yellow-crested mustard and surge, but slowly, gently, into a lower gear as I dug in for the climb through neglected hillside orchards whose twisted, gnarled denizens spoke only enchantment, never fear.

These new heights made me dizzy, disoriented. I had never once contemplated any such ascent on my own, nor had any of my childhood companions - daredevils they otherwise might have been - risked what perils their parents had warned against. Boys typically break the rules, do as they please to offend authority and cast aside all well-intended parental dominion.

This black and merciless realm, legend has it, could do very well to mete out punishment for any infractions of its unwritten but acknowledged laws far better - without partiality - than even the most stringently scrupulous human agent of the law. Though clearly unseen, irresistible and primeval forces were sufficient antagonist to the foolhardy traveler who wittingly or otherwise trod the upward path unaccompanied by the Designate.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Interesting....

I luv scary stuff around Christmas time!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good, Ziddy, because there's more!

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

At dawn's first light the prospects for this new day could not have appeared more ordinary, that clockwork, stultifying commonplace blandness that blends seamlessly each of life's daily chapters dawn into midmorning into noon. Yesterday. Today ...

I give no thought to the morrow as I brace myself each morning, with characteristic reluctance, for jeering drafts that await tender feet peeking out furtively from under the down comforter and reach for a cheerless plank floor. Today was no different, as autumn's fading warmth had already given herself over, without apparent complaint, to winter's cool and chill and freeze. Vague and unconvincing flashes of forward speculation toward a warming improvement to day's early beginnings offered little comfort as I let out a stifled groan and shuddered a full-body shudder as I went vertical.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Oh, yes ...

I love your writing, CoCo.

Boys typically break the rules, do as they please to offend authority and cast aside all well-intended parental dominion.

Now this here is the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me Bob!

Ziddy, Clare is my mother. Her name is Clara, but her children always called her Clare.

I named my baby daughter Claire. She graduated from university this past Saturday.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Syl

• recovering
    recovering

Ah I have found solace in the darkness of the prose here.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Very good, Recovering.

Things can't be light and airy all the time.

That's why I so love and respect the Bible.

That's why I also love CoCo's writings.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Long-time, selfless members who have put themselves out for the benefit of others, upon falling into difficult straits, are assisted without hardly a murmur from the collective.

I just noticed an error in the above.

Should be, "with hardly a murmur."

Thank you, Miss Zelma Hines, for your tireless efforts to educate us.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit