Good morning, Sylvia.

You're welcome!

Back to on-again-off-again signal ...

See you when I see you....

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

My Baby Girl

My youngest daughter will be 21 on Sunday, June 27, 2010. She's a staunch, devout JW. I had a necklace and earrings set custom-made for her, incorporating these birthstones for June: alexandrite, rhodolite garnet, moonstone, fresh and saltwater pearls. It is simply stunning!

She was born on a hot, hot night by C-section because I was pre-eclamptic. One of my sisters-in-laws was greatly afraid for me due to the no-blood doctrine. I stayed in recovery for three days; when I finally got to see her, we bonded instantly.

I've always admired the Bible character, Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, so I chose her name as one of the middle names for my daughter. She learned to read before she could walk, and took the book, My Girl, to school with her on the first day of kindergarten. She read it to her class and the kids practically worshipped her from that day forward.

She's graduating magna cum laude from college this Fall. I hope she will have a good and happy career.

Syl

• snowbird
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Sylvia, for this gem.

CoCo

Precious Lord, take my hand,
    Lead me on, let me stand,
    I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
    Through the storm, through the night,
    Lead me on to the light:

Refrain

Take my hand, precious Lord,
    Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
    Precious Lord, linger near,
    When my life is almost gone,
    Hear my cry, hear my call,
    Hold my hand lest I fall:

Refrain

When the darkness appears
    And the night draws near,
    And the day is past and gone,
    At the river I stand,
    Guide my feet, hold my hand:

• snowbird
    snowbird

I can still hear the whole congregation at our little country church singing that, CoCo.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thomas Dorsey, the man behind the song, Take My Hand, Precious Lord.

The incidents that inspired its composition are heartrending.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Let's keep this going, good people.

It's too uplifting to get buried.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

An Old Fool

They say there's no fool like an old fool; I, however, beg to differ.

Old fools are the best, especially when it comes to grandkids.

I am an unabashed fool for my g'kids - I know it, they know it, the whole community knows it!

Oh, rest assured, I don't dote on them to the point of excess, nor do I uphold them in wrongdoing.

However, I do shower them with unconditional love and understanding.

Is there anyone else in this with me?

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Giving the Undertaker a Fright

This here is a true story, so please don't interrupt me until I'm finished telling it.

Way back in the woods in the late of night, a woman died. Her bereaved husband walked 20 miles to get the undertaker.

He and the undertaker returned to the home to remove the body of his wife to the morturary. Too upset to assist with the removal of his wife's body, the husband remained outside in the hearse while neighbors helped the undertaker.

After placing the body in the back of the hearse, the undertaker went back into the house to do the necessary paperwork. While he was thus occupied, a neighbor asked the forlorn husband if he could hitch a ride back to town with them. The husband simply jerked his thumb toward the back of the hearse.

The undertaker emerged from the house and began the drive to town, unaware that a live passenger was in the back of the hearse, and the husband, in a fog of grief and despair, neglected to tell him.

As they neared their destination, the man in the back began to beat on the partition, shouting, "Hey, you can let me out right here!"

The undertaker crashed his hearse!

Thankfully, no one was injured.

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Syl.

Letter bate than never!

CoCo

Resurrection of TADP in very cue dourse ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit