Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, wonderful!! I love the atmosphere in the cabin - that "dark spot upon the old linoleum..." Brrrrrrr!

Zid (Who's naked without her smileys...)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Ziddy!

So good to see you back - w/ or w/o the smileys!

Can't wait to tell you about the spot, but am pondering the best way to break the tragic news. As stated, this is all for real ...

CoCo

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Coco! Tried to reply immediately, but system froze up.... I sure miss my smileys...

Maybe Simon can install a bitchin' set of smileys on the new system...

Anyway, enough whining and back to your most interesting comment!!! The story is based upon REAL incidents???!!!??? Can't WAIT to hear more!!

Zid

• compound complex
    compound complex

Mother said we left the cabin because the water was bad and she was pregnant. There was more to it, of course. She knew it and I knew it.

Despite my young years, I felt something sinister lurking about (long before sinister made its unceremonious entrance into my official vocabulary). This dwelling of us - flesh and blood - and the other was becoming far too crowded for us visible entities and those just as real but invisible.

The old timers in our community knew it. The newest owners of the property and derelict house know it.

Why didn't my parents know it (before we moved in and were more or less stuck there)?

A murder was committed in the entry with a pair of old and rusty scissors. The blood stain could never be lifted ...

Death by lockjaw was not even afforded an opportunity to make its horrifying presence felt....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aouw! DAMN! That is naaaasssty! Scary!!! !Zid!

• musky
    musky

Hello CoCo,

And here I thought the dark stain was a leaky roof!

I need to get my mind more sinisterized.(from the Musky dictionary)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Musky!

You've just coined a perfectly good word - sinisterized. You may be on to something here!

Yes, it really happened, but I wish I had more details as I was 5-years old when we left. All I remember was Mom's mentioning 1) murder, 2) scissors and 3) a bill collector.

I was on a trip visiting family a few years ago and decided to drive up into the mountains and drop by the old neighborhood. The new owner just happened to be on the property - gated, no trespassing signs posted and the house uninhabitable. I didn't ask, but he brought up the account. Wish I knew how to research the murder.

Columbo?

Thanks for stopping by!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest Snowbird:

!!!!!

Many thanks. Have a wonderful day.

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Holy moly, Co! Yikes. At what point did you learn of the "incident"? Were you still a child? Where you still in the house?

Did you really have what might be considered to be paranormal experiences there, or is that pretty much part of the inimitable CoCo Literary License of Poetic Ambiance (tm)?

And yes, Musky, I love the word "sinisterized". To quote "Abby" from NCIS, "All words are made up, McGee!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit