Through a Darkened Pane

by compound complex 730 Replies latest social entertainment

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh! Well, his [Joe Hill] genre is horror; Coco's is suspense/mystery/horror - or that's what I thought it was... I want to take Joe Hill's horror story and tug it towards suspense/mystery, away from the "spaghetti sauce" horror that it's in right now... And to be really honest, his story isn't NEARLY as gory as the horror genre can get...

Zid

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yesterday, I went back and read all of this thread.

It was like putting on your favorite robe and curling up with a good book and a cup of tea!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, dear people, old and new [zagor] to this thread!

I'm grateful to see response that is directed at our mutual benefit. Your additions, comments and kind support toward my humble efforts is deeply appreciated. I may be at a loss for words for the moment but not heartfelt devotion to you precious people.

Love,

CoCo

• snowbird
  • compound complex
    compound complex

From my window, I look out upon the street below. There goes my dandy friend, Gottlieb Furioso, Esq., his gait brisk, his temper insouciant. I wonder what efforts he will go through today to maintain his person clean and proper ... I espy an old man about to cross my comrade's path....

An overweening sense of self-importance and the necessity of preserving an immaculate outward appearance prevented the young dandy from initially lending the old man a helping hand.

The elderly gent, ambling along the bumpy cobblestones sufficiently well till one of his ill-fitting shoes caught its toe in a mild depression in the otherwise smooth path worn lustrous by centuries of pedestrian and horse-drawn cart passage, took a forward tumble, landed in a bedraggled heap and let out a tiny yelp that bespoke an expected discomfort but an unanticipated assault on the pauper's innate dignity.

Not so much a heart inured against the suffering of the lower classes as principally a congenital awareness of propriety and decorum about a suave gentleman's look was young Gottlieb Furioso's unspoken but deeply felt concern. Surely, the younger male was schooled in the universal laws of beneficence, particularly that of noblesse oblige. However, the inopportune soiling of his pale doeskin gloves was sufficient reason for restraint and discretion in deciding what looming circumstance amongst the ever-present needy of the world was one of extreme need as opposed to a situation of far lesser gravity.

• snowbird
    snowbird

CoCo!

I've known people just like that young gent.

Somehow, by hook or by crook, they never allow themselves to get ruffled or disheveled.

LOL.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

From post 7196:

Your additions, comments and kind support toward my humble efforts is are deeply appreciated. I may be at a loss for words for the moment but not heartfelt devotion to you precious people.

[edited]

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Syl - c'est moi!

You have a PM.

CC

• ziddina
    ziddina

I like the imagery, CoCo, but the style switch has me dizzy, dazed and confused... I thought your story "The Darkened Pane" was set in modern times... I'm assuming this is a take-off into a new story?? I like the Edwardian/Victorian style imagery; but I'd sure like to hear more about that dark house on the hill!!

Oh, and I'd like to finish that story by Joe Hill - But won't if it gets in your way, CoCo. Please let me know... I'd like to finish it, and then re-do it in a different style - more suspense, less gut-ripping gore...

Zid

• compound complex
    compound complex

Please, Ziddy, go on with your exciting story. Expanding the parameters of this storytelling thread is all right with me ...

I guess this thread - at least on my own part - has devolved into tragicomedy, this latter entry being somewhat comedic. You'll notice that most of my entries involve what one - anyone - sees out one's window, that of the soul or of glass. Sometimes I do get out of my somber mode ...

Thanks,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit