IS THE WATCHTOWER A FALSE PROPHET?

by You Know 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logical
    logical

Like I said to you before, if you are a true Christian, then your god is an EVIL LIAR and I want NOTHING to do with a bloodthirsty god like yours. Just as I want nothing to do with the christendom god or the muslim god.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

You know.
    You are entirely mistaken in your saying that I am an apostate not interested in discovering God and Truth. Absolutely false.
    I am most concerned to find God and follow Him.
    I fully consider it very possible we are residing within the time of Christs coming.Certainly, as the Bible amply states, that event will be literal, not symbolic and invisible.If indeed the Bible is inspired.
    I have requested scripture references.
    Please show scripture references so I can assess.

• cellomould
    cellomould

You tell 'em Logi!

'God is jealous! Satan and his demons have taken over his playground.'

I can't get this concept. It's rubbish.

btw, isn't your friend Chimpygirl 'bloodthirsty' also?

cellomonkey

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• Englishman
    Englishman
    when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak.”

So you are saying that this method of testing for truth was only applicable back then when the Scripture was originally written, and that this is no longer a valid test?

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• logical
    logical
    "What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Belial?

Why dont you send an email to Simon telling him to inactivate your account?

Oh, us apostates would just LOVE that, without you to contantly rub our evil noses in it. If we are so dirty, quit touching the unclean thing.

HYPOCRITE!!!

You Know, if you actually paid attention to what Christ said then you might be a nice person. Until then, you are everything you call us apostates. Want to know what a real apostate is? LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

'I well know that apostates couldn't care less about that sort of thing. You have no interest in actually finding God or knowing the truth about such matters.'

For me, You Know, more or less, you're right. I don't care about doing anyone's will right now. I care only for the well-being of my family, (I know what you'll say here-the way best to serve it is to turn from my apostate ways), and I want to make sure my mother, who is a kind woman who was ignored in the "christian congregation" will be taken care of as she gets older. I hope to free my sister from guilt and hate that she has been subjected to, no, not ecause I have left the org (which is not known), but because my wife and I chose to save her brother, who would've killed himself because of her devout JW parent's violent motivations, (for going to meetings, service, etc.). We're marked because we saved someone's life. So I've been told.

You Know, you may have been a good husband and father. I really don't know that. Love may even motivate you to be here, trying to 'save' who you can, or at least 'fight for God's name.'

You're correct in saying I don't care about that. I care about my family, period. Men, for too long, have ruled them to their misery. Men who were supposed to have been their instructors, and mentors, those 'mature men' in the congregation.

Now, answer me clearly, and without getting smart with me. I'm not asking you to be buddies with me, just answer this to me sincerely. Do you believe in the Witnesses, and their movement? Or, do you take the good things they preach, along with what you've discovered from the bible?

The JW's poor track record with families should at least convince you of their inability to funtion in this system of things, an imperfect world. How will they fare in the next?

• COMF
    COMF

YK, has the Watchtower ever used the old, non-Christian method of determining false prophets when dealing with Christians?

COMF

• sleepy
    sleepy

"In the Christian text the term "false prophet" doesn't have anything to do with predicting the future "

My dictionary tells me that,
    Prophecy :a statment that tells what will happen.
    prophesy :declare before hand what will happen as if by divine inspiration.
    prophet : 1.a religious person who fortells the future 2. a religious teacher inspired by God.

Why is the word Greek word for Prophet in the bible translated into English as the word prophet if that not what is ment?Also why is it translated in this way if the Hebrew word means something different to the Greek?

• indireneed
    indireneed

This is a question I've thought a lot about, so I thought that I would chime in.

It is rather ridiculous for a person who does not believe in the Bible to use it as an authority. However, the fact is that as a Witness, one is taught that only the Bible holds authority, and thus, it can be the only reference point when conducting an argument for or against a Witness' doctrine. This means that all other books / pamphlets etc. have nothing to do with the issue. The Wathctower is a man-made document that is not inspired. So also the Protestant and Catholic commentaries . . . so, the Bible must be laid from the Bible in order to convince or agree with a Witness doctrine.

The argument appears to me to be what exactly is a prophet. A prophet is one who serves to proclaim Jehovah's message. Your argument is that the relationship is different now than it was then. Thus, the people who were raised up by Jehovah during the time of the Israelites were inspired, but they are no longer. This is certainly true. It would be absurd to argue that the Watchtower is inspired - there have been many, many doctrinal twists and turns thus necessitating that it not be inspired. Thus, the writers are also not inspired and are not prophets in the Old Testament sense.

Now, it's important to remember that neither are any of the Protestant or Catholic doctrines infallible - they are also in a constant state of flux.

So, the question is whether the Watchtower is a false prophet or simply not a prophet at all.

Unfortunately, this is where the argument fails. If the Watchtower (as an organization) is not a prophet, then from where does it claim its authority? From its works? Paul refutes that this cannot be a basis for its authority. From its faith? Faith cannot be proven and is a question between Jehovah and the believer. Either one believes in apostolic succession or not - either there is a channel or there is not. If there is a channel, it must be the Catholic Church. Why? They are the only group that can trace its roots from early Christianity. But if one doesn't believe in apostolic succession, then one must assume that there is no fixed organization, but rather the originally Protestant idea of Bible authority and not man. It's hard to believe to me that Jehovah did not set up a constant 'governing body' if it were so important . . . Either he did or he didn't . . .

Thus, either the Catholic Church is right or there is no authority to claim an apostolic leadership.

On the other hand, if the Watchtower is a false prophet, then it is obvious that they are in fact a member of the great harlot and are worthy of death according to the Mosaic law. Who knows . . . I don't.

In the end, I look at it this way. I am not a Witness nor do I believe in the concept of Christianity as a religion. The Watchtower has made mistakes in the past. So have the Catholics and Protestants. Both are still making mistakes. But both help to make society better, perhaps in some cases but not in others. Wars are bad. So also are overhanded practices that destroy families and people's lives.

No person or group of persons have the right to take away one's self worth. This is what fundamentalist religion tries to do. As a Witness, how many times have you been told that you are unimportant? That you can't understand the Bible alone? That you need to be a part of an organization to be saved? As a Catholic, are you not told the same thing? Protestantism started well, but lapsed into sects and divisions and thus is guilty of the same.

If one is a Christian, one doesn't need to lord their power over others and claim divine channelship. It shouldn't be necessary, for each person has a pathway open to Jehovah. This is where two classes don't make sense - either Christ died for all or Christ died for 144,000. Which sounds like divine love to you?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

you know.
    That line of arguement about the Apostles spreading erroneous teachings re Christs return...
    Its a line of reasoning that Ellen G White liked, now Ive got her "great Controversy" book and where that arguement is put forth I cant see a SINGLE scripture to support the contention.
    Im pretty sure if there was one, she woulda quoted it.
    Can you enlighten me???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit