IS THE WATCHTOWER A FALSE PROPHET?

by You Know 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

That ain't gonna work. How does Jehovah notify his servants? It's through the Bible. That's what they were talking about. Nice try though. / You Know
    interesting that you quickly shot down jayhawk, and ignored the numerous PROOFS provided by alanf which unequivically showed the WTBTS claming to be inspired on many occasions.

aa

• You Know
    You Know

DUBBULA:

I often ignore posts because they are stupid. That was the case in your post. But since you insist on my addressing your fooloshness, I will. You didn't disprove anything. The verse you quoted said that a rumor "WENT OUT AMONG THE BROTHERS." All the apostles were with Jesus on the beach, so they spread that rumor among the growing congregations of brothers, apparently over a period of many decades, until John set the misunderstanding straight about 60 years later when, as the last surviving apostle, he wrote his gospel. You countered and said there was no proof that it was spread publicly. The Scripture clearly says otherwise. It is, of course, typical of apostates to make nonsensical boasts about disproving this and proving that, but simply reasoning on the verse in question, with an undiseased mind, belies your ridiculous claims. / You Know

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

The verse you quoted said that a rumor "WENT OUT AMONG THE BROTHERS."
    exactly, a rumor. nowhere does it say they "preached" anything.....a rumor is a far cry from false teachings, as ive already pointed out.

You countered and said there was no proof that it was spread publicly. The Scripture clearly says otherwise.
    ah yes....yk says thats what the scripture means, and yk being the all-powerful bible interpreter that he is, he must be correct. if ive ever seen a nonsensical statement, your quote was it. i showed there was no proof, and your only refute is your "reasoning" on that verse......funny how whenever a jw is cornered they must fall back on "reasoning" with no PROOF. if you have such PROOF in scriptural cross references, showing that the apostles did indeed preach these false teachings, and they were much more than a simple rumor, please provide these cross references.

thats the difference we are speaking of here. the apostles didnt publicly declare that they were inspired, and then have their prophesies fall by the wayside as false......the wt HAS done this, many times over.

aa

• AlanF
    AlanF

It's sad to see how someone as potentially bright as YK can so thoroughly prostitute his mind to a concept. Note how YK has entirely ignored the proofs given from Watchtower literature that his claims are false.

The proof that the Society claims to be inspired is simple: I provided quotes that state directly that JW leaders are taught in some mysterious fashion by angels. That has nothing to do with extracting messages on one's own from the Bible. The Watchtower Society still teaches this, except that statements are made in a less direct fashion.

Thus we have all the proof we need to state that JW leaders are false prophets: they claim to be inspired, they claim to speak in God's name, and they utter false teachings and predictions in God's name.

AlanF

• You Know
    You Know
    exactly, a rumor. nowhere does it say they "preached" anything.....a rumor is a far cry from false teachings, as ive already pointed out.

No one said that they necessarily preached anything. That's your phony criteria. Although, doubtless, if a preacher believed that Christ was going to return before John died it would effect their outlook to some extent and they would probably pass the rumor along using the authority of the apostles as their source. The account, though, simply says that the apostles spread a rumor among the brotherhood. The significance of that is that it means that the apostles were guilty of creating false expectations among the organization at that time. That is very similar to what took place in the organization regarding 1975.

the apostles didnt publicly declare that they were inspired, and then have their prophesies fall by the wayside as false......the wt HAS done this, many times over.
    The apostles were inspired though, at least on occasions. They spoke in tongues and had powers to heal and prophecy, and yet in spite of all that they still held to a critical misunderstanding of Jesus' words. The point is, they were hand-picked by Christ and lived with him for years. So their words and opinions would carry great weight among the disciples. But, Jehovah allowed that misunderstanding to develop until such time as it was corrected. God similarly allows misunderstandings and false expectations to exist among his people presently, even though God has at the same time commissioned them to preach his message, inspiring them if you insist on calling it that, in order to find out what is really in their hearts but allowing error to go forth from those in authority. Obviously many of Jehovah's Witnesses have simply failed the test and allowed themselves to become stumbled and embittered. Who knows, human nature being what it is, perhaps some 1st century disciple were also stumbled by the misunderstanding that the apostles spread concerning the return of Christ. / You Know
  • dubla
    dubla

yk-

. The significance of that is that it means that the apostles were guilty of creating false expectations among the organization at that time. That is very similar to what took place in the organization regarding 1975.
    so youre saying that even though the society claims to be inspired, and they claim that the printed words in the publications are inspired of god....when they printed IN WRITING that the end was coming in 1975, this was nothing more than a simple false expectation spread among the congregation, and not in fact a false prophesy?

you are either inspired, or not inspired. if you claim to be inspired, and the angelic inspiration supposedly tells you the end is coming in 1975, you prophesy this in writing and the end doesnt come, you are in fact a false prophet....there is no disputing this logic. even your scripture twisting cannot refute this.

if these are mere "false expectations" that god lets the wtbts believe, as you contend, then perhaps the wtbts should not go forth claiming to be directly inspired of god.....and claiming the words printed in the wt are directly inspired of god. until such time when they discontinue this belief of inspiration, your arguments remain paper thin.

God similarly allows misunderstandings and false expectations to exist among his people presently, even though God has at the same time commissioned them to preach his message, inspiring them if you insist on calling it that...
    i do not insist on calling it that, the society has called it that, as shown in alans quotes, which you refuse to comment on. you claimed the society NEVER said they were inspired, and you were proven unequivically wrong. i do not insist on calling it anything, i merely repeat the societys own claims.

aa

• You Know
    You Know
    The proof that the Society claims to be inspired is simple: I provided quotes that state directly that JW leaders are taught in some mysterious fashion by angels.

This is more slight of hand Fraudbacker. For example, I believe that the angels do have an active part in guiding the organization as well as our thought processes. Jesus made mention of the fact that angels oversee each of Jehovah's chosen ones and are responsible for guiding them on the path of salvation. No one I know of, though, is aware of any direct communication with the spirit world to the extent of recieving extra-biblical inspired expressions. When apostates make the claim that we are false prophets they use the Law found at Deuteronomy. That applied to those who claimed to recieve messages directly from the spirit realm. The Watchtower doesn't make that claim and none of the quotes you dug up makes that claim. The only thing you can do is doctor up your phony claim by taking statements out of context that discuss in what sense the WT is a prophet, and then transferring that to the sort of prophet Deuteronomy is talking about. That's why I am justified to point out your con game.

Thus we have all the proof we need to state that JW leaders are false prophets: they claim to be inspired, they claim to speak in God's name, and they utter false teachings and predictions in God's name.
    As regards our connection with angels, the angels who direct God's people can do so without imparting prophecy, as they did to the Hebrew prophets. If that's what you believe the Watchtower is saying, then, where are the prophecies that they recieved from on high? What does the Society teach that is not supported by Scripture? Personally, I do not believe anything that I cannot absolutely prove using the Bible. / You Know
  • Will Power
    Will Power

YK
    These types of arguments are the most ridiculous I've heard.

The things they preach & teach are the truth
    The teachers & preachers have become corrupt
    They still teach & preach
    The truth is still the truth even when taught by the corrupt
    the bible says that the truth will include the corrupt
    so the truth taught by the corrupt is still the truth if you are a true believer.
    The "truth" has changed so many times since 1874 shall I say "tacking"
    If one is to pick & choose (and stick with it) either way sooner or later you will be following the corrupted or hiding your true beliefs in a false organization.
    I don't know how ONE thing can be believed.
    The last resort is love.
    and we all know how this God given emotion is handled.

• You Know
    You Know
    so youre saying that even though the society claims to be inspired, and they claim that the printed words in the publications are inspired of god....when they printed IN WRITING that the end was coming in 1975, this was nothing more than a simple false expectation spread among the congregation, and not in fact a false prophesy?

Where you are deluding yourself is in your imagining that the Society claims to be an inspired prophet in recieving messages from Jehovah. That is of course not true. The Watchtower does claim to have authority. They do claim to be guided by holy spirit and directed by angels. But they do not claim that any of their teachings are as a result of direct divine revelation. As regards the 1975 fiasco, that was a misunderstanding based upon biblical chronology. If you believed that the Watchtower claimed that Jehovah told them that the world was going to end in 1975, it's no wonder that you were stumbled. If that's the case, you are truly one to be pitied, as it is incredible to me that you could have been so stupid. / You Know

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

If you believed that the Watchtower claimed that Jehovah told them that the world was going to end in 1975, it's no wonder that you were stumbled. If that's the case, you are truly one to be pitied, as it is incredible to me that you could have been so stupid. / You Know
    actually i left the organization long before i ever realized what false prophets the wtbts actually were. it has only been recently that my eyes have been completely opened as to the ridiculous track record of the society, and its grave affect on those involved. fortunately, i was not one of the believers in '75 that felt compelled to quit my job and sell my house due to the upcoming prophesied armageddon. i wonder what god was thinking when he simply let all these people believe this misunderstanding, and dramatically alter (for the worse) their lives in preparation for the end.......seems awfully suspect that he would allow such false beliefs to be PREACHED (not rumored) via his "mouthpiece".

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit