IS THE WATCHTOWER A FALSE PROPHET?

by You Know 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• You Know
    You Know

Jayhawk:

You Know, you have one thing working against you, Jehovah is the most improper way to pronounce the Hebrew God's name.

Nonsense. It is the most correct english pronunciation. / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

Pathros:

There is just no room for error when you make the claims they have. And when you can't be man enough to accept responsibility for your mistakes and when you try to pass them off on others, then that makes it even worse.

That is the sort of imbecilic reasoning that sets people up to be decieved. The apostles were wrong about a lot of things but they still were used by God. In fact the Scriptures point out that God concealed certain things from the apostles. So from God's standpoint there is an allowance for error.The apostates have a different standard that requires perfection. But you are a victim of your own thinking in that regard. In the end Jehovah will set everything straight. We don't doubt that He will correct his people even with severity and or course turn the tables on our accusers. It doesn't get any simplier than that. / You Know

• indireneed
    indireneed

One question,

What will be the punishment of the governing body members who took it upon themselves to promote false dates out of their own understanding? Especially with regard to the people who became convinced the society was just simply wrong because of this?

As the Bible teaches - teachers will be held to a higher standard. A teacher who teaches wrong and leads someone down the wrong path is guiltier than someone who follows.

So, those who have ruined the lives of some people because they took it upon themselves to predict dates, what will be their punishment? Or, why are they still revered as the new apostles? Why are Rutherford, Russell and Franz still looked upon with admiration when in fact their human foibles caused the downfall of hundreds of thousands?

Maybe they asked for forgiveness for the organization? Well, isn't the pope doing that concerning the Jews, etc.? Why are the JWs given opportunities no one else is?

• jayhawk
    jayhawk

You Know,
    How do you get Jehovah from YHWH. The name Jehovah was invented some four to six hundred years after Jesus died on the cross. Seems to me with the consanants YHWH you would get YaHWeH to me. Even your precious Watchtower Society will admit to that.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• JT
    JT

Now YK really gets REALLY funny:

"as I pointed out, that the false teachers would be among true Christians."

-------

Let's take a closer look as his weak reasoning HE CALLED ME "JT" a false teacher- and why:

1. Becasue I have merely pointed out that the WT has no basis for teaching the 1914 gen will not die- as we now see- HE CALLS ME A false teacher.

2 because I point out that sending young men to jail while telling them that the bible teaches that they should instead of taking that job at the hospital---as we now see- HE CALLS ME A false teacher.

3. because i point out that telling young folks they will NEVER LIVE TO SEE THE DAY they use their college education cause the world will have ended- which we now know is not true-- HE CALLS ME A false teacher.

no my friend YK the WT are the false teachers - I have never taken the bible and said "THIS MEANS THIS" and if you don't do it i will DF you from your family forever until you say sorry-

even if the dogma is wrong--

yk your faith has kicked out folks for dogmas that they were teaching that were false

so who is the false teacher- some guy like me who says; Hey that stuff ain't right"

or wt which makes a claim that I nor ANYONE else on this board or any board i have been on in almost 5 yrs has ever made

WE SPEAK FOR GOD HIMSELF

i have no problem with anyone or org that wants to stake that claim, but then don't run and hide your tail between your legs when you are called on the carpet for your claims that have shown to be FALSE

YK - I'm at work and while we are waiting for this software to load here in the server room

- i do what i love to do-- have NONJW --watch an actual dialog between a JW who tries to defend wt dogmas

you see i have shown these folks here exactly what the wt says so they are fully informed - i just used the wt cdrom- their own track record is worst enemy-
    -----------

Hi YK:

This is Carol, working with James has beeen an eye opener when it comes to Jehovah Witnesses. He has shown us so many things about the Jehovah Witnesses religion that I never knew.

He has taken the time to show us what has been said about the Catholic Church. Being Catholic I don't find it to be amusing at all.

As an American you can believe whatever you want to, but to poke fun at someone else's religion simply because you don't agree on the same interpretation of scripture is just plain wrong. He has shown us mistakes in your religions interpretation as well.

I think that Jehovah Witnesses are wrong on many bible interpretations. I wanted to throw my towel in the ring as well.

Carol
    MCP

###########

well
    YK

like i always say i could care less how you view me, since i know you are viewed as a flunky by your own faith- to me you are merely a conduit to allow nonjw to see the man behind the curtain--each time you post something in defense of wt - i show folks what the wt actually says on the matter

as one of the guys here said : "This guy doesn't accept everything he is suppose to"

i thought that comment was so telling for is shows that this man understand things about the org that the avg bible student will not find out till it's too late to ASK ANY QUESTIONS

these folks here on my job will never become jw cause unlike so many of us THEY KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAMES

• indireneed
    indireneed

Here's some logic:

The apostles were human.
    All humans make mistakes.
    Therefore the apostles make mistakes.

The writers of the Bible were human.
    The writers of the Bible made mistakes.
    God inspired the writers of the Bible to write exactly what he told them to.
    But Paul mentioned things he thought, not things he was told.
    How many others mentioned things out of their own mind and not what Jehovah said?
    So, are Paul's thoughts gospel? Should we not marry so that we are less sinful?
    I believe that a love for God inspired the Bible. But inspired is not necessarily direct quotation from God, but rather brought to fruition through.

The Bible has mistakes. It is a good book, but written by humans. Therefore, it has internal problems. Living like Christ means just that, not living by what other sinful humans think and how they interpret. Applying laws and interpretations is the job of the Pharisee. Loving Christ simply means following his example and knowing he will save you in the end for your faith, not for your pitiful attempts and foibles.

That's my reading of the Bible at least.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I haven't read all of this thread but it is funny how YK gets so much attention with his prophetic justifications. Both the Watchtower and You Know are false prophets in the Biblical or any normal sense of the words "prophet" and "false".

Two years ago on this day we watched the year's number roll-over to '00' from countries all around the world. For a lot of us we expected that we had done our jobs correctly and couldn't imagine much of an impact on world commerce because of the date problem. You Know was making his usuual predictions about the end of the world being imminent or at least the Great Tribulation starting. Come January 2 YK was back to making excuses such as the Y2K problem not being as big a problem as he had been led to believe.

So here we go again. YK has been around for half a decade now with his prophet's (false) hat on and still making excuses. Did he ever pay-up for the wager he lost in October?

Thirdson

• JT
    JT

Bible examiner says:

The deceptive comparison (taken right from the WTS) between the Watchtower's false prophecies, -and the supposed Apostles private ponderings, is a way for a discerning mind to see the deception in the false YK's Satan-like words-----------------

You are smoking my man- on the money- like white on rice-

This little trick usually works on the avg jw in the hall very well when the wt tries to explain away their errors. But when you start to ask additional questions then it falls apart and that is why jw know Don’t ask anymore questions about it

Lone of my favorite line of reasoning and questions was this

“in 1972 you announced that jah has given NEW LIGHT ON THIS BIBLE TEXT”

then in 1987 you announce again that “jah has given NEW LIGHT ON THIS BIBLE TEXT”

AND then in 2001 you announce again that “jah has given NEW LIGHT ON THIS BIBLE TEXT”
    Now the person who does Critical thinking is going to ask the basic question

WHO GOT IT WRONG ALL THOSE PRIVIOUS YEARS

Did Jah get it wrong
    Did Jah get it right and the FDS misunderstood what his Spirit-Direct had said
    Did Jah get it right and the FDS decided that they wanted to go with another explanation instead of the one that Jah had revealed to them

Point is you can’t claim that god is revealing stuff to you and it keeps turning out to be wrong for it only leaves a couple of choice

Either god got it wrong or the wt

Take your pick

But you never could ask those types of questions out loud but many many jw asked them privately and within their own soul and mind over the years as they saw the errors come out and the wt try to excuse or explain them away as NEW LIGHT

Cynicus
    You ain’t no good how dare you drag up that dirt on the wt—yes their worst enemy is their own writings

So when some clown like you try to explain away something we just access the old cdrom and out pops the OFFICIAL EXPLAINATION

NOW WE SEE WHY YK CAN’T CARRY THE MIKES IN HIS HALL

NeonMadman SAYS

That's not entirely true. While JW's do acknowledge that the Bible is God's Word, the bottom line for them is the interpretation of the Bible put forth by the organization. The organization claims to be God's only channel of communication with mankind for our day, and that it is impossible to understand the Bible apart from them. So, in practice, to JW's, the writings of the organization are also part of the 'word that Jehovah has spoken.' And the Watchtower makes no effort to discourage this worshipful attitude, in fact, they encourage it by speaking of their writings as 'spiritual food' that Jehovah has provided. Since they make those claims, they must be subject to the same high standard of proof. Especially so, since they demand absolute obedience to those writings under pain of disfellowshipping and unscriptural shunning.
    YOU GUYS ARE taking no prisoners today

This goes to the ARCHEVES

THE nonjw here at work are loving this KEEP IT COMING BABY

• You Know
    You Know

JAYHAWK:

How do you get Jehovah from YHWH.

"Y" is translated as a "J" and "W" is translated as a "V". YHWH has 3 syllabels not two as in Yahweh. From compound Hebrew names like JeHOsaphat, JeHOram, & JeHOash, we know without a doubt that the middle vowel was an "O." / You Know

• You Know
    You Know

INDIRENEED:

What will be the punishment of the governing body members who took it upon themselves to promote false dates out of their own understanding? Especially with regard to the people who became convinced the society was just simply wrong because of this?

That's a good question. Ask yourself how God punished the apostles for their misunderstandings? After all, they were sent out by Christ to announce the kingdom, all the while expecting that Christ's kingdom was going to be set up immediately on the earth. They were wrong and yet Jesus allowed them to preach the message with such a limited grasp of the truth. But, when Jesus was arrested and killed they were all stumbled and humiliated. So, that was the downside of their ignorance.

In the judgment Jehovah says he is going to rub dung on the faces of his priests who have stumbled others. Will that satisfy you if God humiliates us that way? Too, that's in keeping with the fact that Jesus said that even his faithful slave gets lashed with a few strokes when the master comes to inspect the houshold. So, Jehovah will hold teachers to a higher standard of judgment and no doubt there will be plenty of rebukes from Jehovah's throne before there are any blessings showering down upon us. That's always been the pattern and there's no reason to imagine that God is going to deal with us any diferently.

But, the bottom line is that we are all responsible for our own spirituality. Jude, the letter that explains very clearly how spiritual predators operate, closes by saying: "Now to the one who is able to guard you from stumbling and to set you unblemished in the sight of his glory..." Do you get the point? We are all subject to the same stumbling blocks. Why do some stumble and not others? The answer has to do with our trust and faith in Jehovah. Jehovah can keep outr faith alive and prevent us from stumbling over the errors of others. And, in the end, Jehovah is both able to humble chastise and yet save his people and cleanse them from their error. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit