IS THE WATCHTOWER A FALSE PROPHET?

by You Know 207 Replies latest watchtower bible

• You Know
    You Know

When Jesus was on earth the Devil approached him quoting Scripture in order to tempt and entrap him. It is no wonder then that the apostate angel would be behind the effort to use the Scriptures against Jehovah’s people today in order to mislead them. One of the most cunning and effective uses of Scripture against us by Satan’s agents is the charge that we are false prophets. This accusation is based upon passages of Law found in Deuteronomy, chapters 13 & 18, which say in part: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has spoken?” The answer being: “when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak.”

Here’s the way the con game works: After quoting the above verse, the apostate then cites a long list of failed Watchtower interpretations of prophecy with the intention of leading his victim to draw the conclusion that the Watchtower fits the criteria of a false prophet as set out in the Law of Moses.

Overlooking the obvious hypocrisy of those who would, in imitation of the Devil, deny Jehovah’s word while at the same time citing its authority for their own purposes, the most glaring flaw in this reasoning is that it applies to a time when God directly inspired men to serve as prophets and spokesmen. Today, the answer to the question, “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has spoken?” can be easily answered by simply consulting the Bible. According to our faith that is indeed the word that Jehovah has spoken. However, the Law does apply in principle evidenced by the fact that even Christians are advised to “test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.”

The above-cited verse certainly indicates that Christians would also have to deal with false prophets in their very midst the same as the Hebrews did. But, the method for detecting the false prophet is somewhat different. John goes on to explain how to test the validity of those who claim to speak for God, saying: “You gain the knowledge of the inspired expression from God by this: Every inspired expression that confesses Jesus Christ as having come in the flesh originates with God, but every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God.”

So, the criterion for testing the prophets is different for Christians. John’s letter says nothing about the disappointments and false expectations of Christians as being the determining factor in testing the so-called “inspired expressions.” If that were the case then the apostles were false prophets themselves because they had many erroneous ideas about when Christ was going to set up his kingdom. Similar to our own 1975 fiasco, and other similar embarrassments and goofs, the apostles even spread a rumor among the brothers that Jesus would return before John died. Apparently that false expectation was not corrected until the last surviving apostle wrote his gospel toward the end of the apostolic era. (John 21:23) However, if we applied the same satanic reasoning of apostates to the apostles of Christ, the apostles would also be branded as false prophets.

According to the criteria laid down by the apostle, the real test is not whether Christians have misunderstood chronology or misapplied, as-of-yet, unsealed prophecies, but whether those who claim to speak the truth acknowledge Jesus as having come in the flesh.

By any method of testing, Jehovah’s Witnesses readily acknowledge Jesus as having come in the flesh. In fact, Christendom’s Trinity doctrine cleverly denies Jesus as being a mere flesh and blood mortal. That’s because the doctrine makes him out to be a super human incarnation of God. At any rate, if the enemy wishes to use the Scriptures to condemn us as false prophets, the well-versed and reasoning mind has a sound and ready defense against such sophistry.

/ You Know

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Didja learn this in the Theochronic Misery School... repetition for emphasis? Posting the same crap twice doesn't make it smell any better. If you wanted to edit your spelling error, there's a little icon for that purpose. You don't need to spew the same vomit twice. Get a smeggin clue moron.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Are you saying then that people who prophecy things that don't come true are ,true prophets?

• You Know
    You Know
    Are you saying then that people who prophecy things that don't come true are ,true prophets?

No. The Bible is the only source of true prophecy. In the Christian text the term "false prophet" doesn't have anything to do with predicting the future as it did in the Hebrew era before the Bible was written. False prophets are those who deny Christ in one way or the other. Of course, apostates do ridicule the message of Christ's presence, and the assumption is that the world is going to keep on going the way it has in the past. So, in that sense the false prophets do predict the future. But, since the world hasn't ended yet it is not possible to expose the false prophets by their failed predidtion. That's why the apostle provided us with other means to defend our faith against the reasonings of false prophets. / You Know

• logical
    logical

Tell me, what part of dedicating your life to the Organisation, to be known as a JW is scriptural? The 1st C Christians didnt do it like that. Thats how I know the WT is false.

True christians are to be known for their LOVE. Love for their enemies, brothers, everyone. Something you and your Watchtower "father" fail on constantly. Thats how I know the WT is false.

• You Know
    You Know
    Tell me, what part of dedicating your life to the Organisation, to be known as a JW is scriptural? The 1st C Christians didnt do it like that.

Jesus is the founder and head of a unique spiritual organization that was foretold in prophecy to be a people who are called by God's own name of Jehovah.

True christians are to be known for their LOVE. Love for their enemies, brothers, everyone. Something you and your Watchtower "father" fail on constantly.
    If you can correctly answer these questions posed by the apostle you will understand our position towards apostates:"What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Belial?

Thats how I know the WT is false.
    You don't know anything. Ray Franz and his apostate followers constantly use the line of reasoning that my post proves is false reasoning. Your reasoning is even more hollow. People believe what they want for their own selfish reasons and therefore are quick to gulp down slander and falsity in order to allow themselves to indulge in their favorite fantasies without the pangs of conscience. / You Know
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire

well you know,Jesus Christ in Matthew 24 lists false prophets coming in his name numerous times, more times than he mentions the old J Dub earthquakes and pestilence.
    Isnt it a little curious that every cultic church on earth has fallen into the trap he predicted so many times?
    Predictive date setting in the name of inspiration from God ,in Jesus name, or in the authority of certain angels.
    It all adds to the same thing.
    Your much beloved Mr Larouche. Him too. False predictions. I believe the ability to recognize false prediction in a group that claims inspiration is an identifying sign that they are a false church.
    Let him with ears to hear...hear.
    Also. I am not familiar that it says IN SCRIPTURE that the apostles PUBLICLY SPREAD false teaching about the return of Christ.If they did, please cite scripture ref so I can check it.
    As well. Where IN SCRIPTURE does it say that the former understanding regarding what costitutes false prophecy has been overturned and replaced with a new understanding?
    I would like to view these scriptures also.
    If you can provide them, I will certainly consider.

• cellomould
    cellomould

YK sayeth:

Of course, apostates do ridicule the message of Christ's presence, and the assumption is that the world is going to keep on going the way it has in the past.
    Are there those who "ridicule" the message? Maybe that's because it's ridiculous? Well, laughable at least.

Now here's my real contention:

The world is constantly changing. Who is debating that? It is a simple fact.

For example, the population density of humans on earth continues to increase. Exponentially, mind you. This is the cause of most of 'today's monumental problems'.

More people have died the 20th century from war than in... yada yada yada. Well, don't you expect this to happen? There are more people nowadays then ever before.

Examine the data another way:

A average young man of 20 in today's world is far less likely to be called into military duty and subsequently die on the battlefield than the world of 100, 200, etc... years ago. Also because there are more people than ever before, allowing relatively smaller military resources.

The message of doom is not laughable because we do not have the capability to destroy ourselves, however. We do.

The message of doom is laughable because it attempts to absolve the speaker of responsibility for the future outcome!

For what reason do we have prophets 'communicating with God' if they bring back to the table problems instead of solutions?! A little optimism goes a long way, especially if you're in cahoots with God. (hint of sarcasm there, couldn't help myself.)

It is clearly the pessimistic doomsayer that yearns to 'live in a world that continues on as in the past'. The attitudes YK endorses show a resentment of change, which brings BOTH positive and negative consequences.

YK, I would like to see you take on the quetion of responsibility, rather than 'leaving it to Jehovah to destroy the wicked so that everything can be perfect like it was in the past'. What past are you talking about that was so ideal?

Listen to the words of Bob Marley:

"Most people think great God will come from the sky...take away everything and make everybody feel high....but if you know what life is worth...you will look for yours on Earth...and now you see the light...Stand up for your right!"

• You Know
    You Know

refiner's fire:

well you know,Jesus Christ in Matthew 24 lists false prophets coming in his name numerous times, more times than he mentions the old J Dub earthquakes and pestilence.

Yes. That's very interesting isn't it? And if Jesus' prophecy is being fulfilled then that means we are living during his parousia. And if that's the case, then that means that there would also be a group of true Christians who would be doing the work of preaching about Christ's presence and announcing God's kingdom. So that creates quite a dillema for you doesn't it? For if Jehovah's Witnesses are the false prophets that Christ foretold who are the true ones? I well know that apostates couldn't care less about that sort of thing. You have no interest in actually finding God or knowing the truth about such matters. You would only use the Scritpures by twisting them suit your own ends of self-deception. In actuality, according to the writings of Peter and Jude, apostate Jehovah's Witnesses, working under the influence of an evil slave, perfectly fit the description of false prophets. Therefore, they must also be counted among the false prophets that Jesus warned about that would mislead many during his parousia and the tribulation. / You Know

• cellomould
    cellomould

of course I know the answer to my own question lies here:

You do of course assume the world was at one time perfect and the first human pair were perfect. I do not.

Perhaps you should shuck that Adam and Eve concept.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit