Did You Personally Know Any JWs That Were Sexually Molested By Other JWs?

by minimus 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    In the 70s, if there were a lack of elders in a congregation, a MS could be used in a judicial capacity if he was "qualified" and was seen to be soon an elder. I sat in with another elder from the neighboring congregation to hear a plea for reinstatement. I was told we were meeting with him merely as a courtesy because no reinstatement was on the horizon. The DF'd man said he wanted to take the opportunity to confess something that was bothering him. He said he had performed cunnilingus on his baby niece when he changed her diaper a few times. I (we) were horrified. I expressed that if I were ever to make a judgment on this man, I could never reinstate him because of his filthy perversion. The elder basically told him to get out of the room. My understanding is that he never got reinstated and I believe he died some years later.

OMG! Minimus, that is simply sick. Of all the people who merited disfellowshipping, stoning, electrocution, its this guy.

• minimus
    minimus

I can't read Jeff's comment.

• minimus
    minimus

Now I can see it. It was worse because I wasn't an elder, it wasn't even my congregation where I was helping, and I had zero experience. I know the elder told the other elders in his Hall and the sicko was forever branded. Fortunately, because he was forever DF'd he couldn't be talking to kids. He was a very weird person. I heard when he was a kid, his father regularly beat him and who knows what else.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Fortunately, because he was forever DF'd he couldn't be talking to kids. He was a very weird person.

I assume you mean JW kids. Unfortunately even registered sex perverts seem to be able to access children when they want too. It seems that hardly a day goes by without a news item about a convicted, registered sex offender has abused or killed a child after being paroled. Something is bad wrong with the system. Everyone knows the solution but our society is so ethically and morally confused we continue to let child predators repeat their crimes.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, I meant at the Hall.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes, several

• minimus
    minimus

We had a 6 or 7 year old boy looking for BJs from a 3 year old. The parents went crazy. I'm not sure if the kid was mimicking what he saw, if he was experimenting or he was pedophile. My understanding is that little kids may experiment and those parents worked it among themselves.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow. I'm so sorry that all of you people have been hurt - and many more continue to be hurt and damaged so badly.

MINIMUS- There was a weird experience in the spring of 1998 at a new congregation my then wife and children and I attended which happened at the first meeting we attended there. Right after the WT study ended a brother ran up from the audience grabbed the microphone from the WT conductor , yelled and pointed to the audience, " Brother so and so , sitting over there is a child molester and if you love your children you will protect them from him ! " The elder grabbed the microphone from this brother and said to the stunned congregation, " Brothers and sisters - we are handling this situation. "

But the brother who exposed the pedophile to the congregation became my new hero. It wasn't until about 8 years later did I understand WHY this brother felt compelled to yell out to the congregation the name of the child molester , as only then in 2006 did I learn that the WT society and congregations kept names of child abusers confidential from rank and file members so they would never be aware of WHO a child molester was so as to be able to protect their own minor children. So I totally understood the brother who felt the need to shout it to the congregation. Brave man in my opinion. I admire the courage to speak out. Incredible it has to get to that point to protect the children because the elders or leaders of the WT society won't , isn't it ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My heart goes out to each one of you.

As a survivor myself I know how much damage this kind of betrayal causes and how long it stays with us.

Like many others here my mother was instructed by the presiding overseer to remain silent and kept the abuser in the home where he continued his sexual abuse on the girls in the family. This happened 40 years ago.

In all that time it is unfathomable that they continue to hide this heinous crime and protect the criminals at the expense of defenseless children.

It is unfathomable how many more victims there have been. Few of these children were abused only once. Far too often sexual abuse goes on and on, sometimes for years; sometimes not until the child is old enough to leave home and the congregation or until the child is beyond the age where the sexual abuser finds him or herself attracted to. When the abuser is a family member with constant access to his victim is is easy to count hundreds of times one child could be abused by one abuser.

My main abuser (not the JW) molested me every day for 3 years. Count them 3 x 365 = 1095.

Then I went to live with my mother and her common law husband (JW study and was mishandled by the elder) who abused me every day for about 9 months 9 x 30 - 270

Then add in 3 JW baptized uncles about 3 or 4 times each = 9-12 times

Then there were 4 others (not JWs) ? 15 times

1095 + 270 + 12 + 15 = 1392

All that 1392 separate incidences old sexual abuse between the ages of 8 and 13.

Heaven help the poor child who lives with their abuser their whole life

Now I am bringing this up not to get pity. But to show how devastating it is to be sent back to your abuser and get no help. The abuser doesn't stop. Because the elders do nothing and fail to report the abuse to the authorities they are leaving a child at the mercy of an abuser who now knows he has a free pass to continue his abuse.

This is what elders do when they fail to protect children

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

((hugs)) for you all.....it makes me sick to the stomach to hear how this goes on, I am so sorry for all of you who have endured it

Is it still policy within the organisation to keep names of offenders under wraps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit