Did You Personally Know Any JWs That Were Sexually Molested By Other JWs?

by minimus 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joeblow
    joeblow

I can add to this.. with a me too. I was abused by a male friend of the family (he was a JW) from when I was 6 years old to 9. I never told anyone - not even my parents. When I was 9 years old, I had finally built up the courage to confront my abuser on my own and told him to back off. Eventually he was disfellowshipped for his "lifestyle" - unrelated to the things that happened with me. I have no idea what happened to him after that. While the abuse was going on, I withdrew into a shell... comforted myself with eating - with the obvious results of weight gain.

It took me 23 years after it was over for me to be able to talk about it to anyone - when I met my current partner, I told her, and it was what broke me through some of the silence. I'll probably never tell my parents. I'm still struggling with issues related to that time in my life... but I'm getting better.

• minimus
    minimus

JB, thanks for sharing.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

As everyone around here knows I was abused until 12 years old by an elder, who also prostituted me to others.

He preferred girls, he abused his own children, his "problem" was (I am told) well-known but ignored - there were no second witnesses beyond his immediate family who were terrified of, and dependent upon, him.

• minimus
    minimus

that is HORRIBLE!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It tends to make me take certain apologists to task...and, answers the question "why I don't attend meetings".

• minimus
    minimus

don't blame ya!

• wobble
    wobble

I have not had the strength yet to read all of this sad thread, I wish to add my testimony that I personally knew a paedophile JW who was DF'd and imprisoned for molesting his daughter and her friend.

This is in Kent , U.K

It saddens me that some come on here in their ignorance and try to minimise the extent of the problem and the culpabability of the GB , the Elders and others in the WT Org.

Lives have been ruined not just by rapists and abusers, but by an Organization that permitted the horrors to continue and extended the agony of victims and created more victims, the GB and Co. are as guilty as the abusers and paedophiles.

Thanks, and love, to all who have shown by their testimony the rottenness of the W.T.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think i know of one... at the moment i want to block my ears and ignore the reality that may be unveiled should i ask certain questions.

OK ALICE IN WONDERLAND AND DEBATER: What do you make of THIS HUH?

yeah, bet you wont even read this thread...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit