Did You Personally Know Any JWs That Were Sexually Molested By Other JWs?

by minimus 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freddo
    freddo

Yes. Several JW's that were molested by other JW's.

• peacedog
    peacedog

I was aware of 4 cases in the kh I grew up in.

• minimus
    minimus

When I came to the 2nd congregation I was not an elder right away. One family had a secret that the elders were aware of and it was that an elder's son was a pedophile with his at least 2 younger sisters. They kept it hush hush except for a couple of elders. They were quite prominent as a spiritual family. The father was an elder. The wife a Regular Pioneer. They still are. The daughters all married elders and Bethelites. The son went to a different Hall. They made him a MS. He told them about his sordid past. It didn't matter. He remained a MS. A few years later they wanted to make him an elder. They sent a letter to our BOE and at this time I was an elder and I became aware of what had happened. It was around the same time the society began to acknowledge there were problems with pedophiles within the congregations. We sent a letter stating we could not assist them in their endeavor to make this guy an elder, especially since there were so many letters being sent from the Society on this very issue. They took it up with the CO when he visited and of course he said he could not be an elder and would have to be deleted as a MS.

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

1 in a neighbouring hall - dealt with badly

, 1 in my own hall - dealt with well , guy spent max sentence in prison and is on sexual offenders register

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Yes , a lttle girl fondled by a study at a bookstudy. The Girl & family were moved to a different BS.The fondler was later baptisted, there was no public reproof.

Yes also to a second case. Don't know the details.

• Mickey mouse
  • pat1060
    pat1060

I have a bad experience with a pioneer bro touching my 8 year old daughter.This is a very long time ago.Nothing was ever done to him except a slap on the hand.I have often wondered what ever happen to him...I have read that this kind of a problem doesn't go away.I'm just now reading about all the problems of child molesters in the cong.Years ago it wasn't something you even talked about....UNBIEVEBLE... this bro was 18 years old.

• minimus
    minimus

A pedophile is a pedophile is a pedophile. . It won't just go away.

• pat1060
    pat1060

Then What?Is it kept a secret.????

• minimus
    minimus

Until they were FORCED to handle it (and you still need 2 witnesses), it was swept under the carpet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit