Did You Personally Know Any JWs That Were Sexually Molested By Other JWs?

by minimus 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I did not personally know the molestor but my cousin was closed to his two daughters who were the ones he molested.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Even as an Elder, I never knew the issue existed except for one second-hand story about a Circuit Overseer "examining" young boys for VD. He was removed after being found out.

Only after coming her a few years back did I realize it was widespread.

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder how that exam was conducted.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, several.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, several.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Never in any congregation that I was a part of but I do have 2 JW friends that were molested by elders when they were kids.

• pat1060
    pat1060

I can also remember when a friend of mines daughter was TESTED by an elder to see if she could take care of her self.Don't know what happen but this is what he told her parents that he was testing her...12 year old. When I was in Mexico for a while I was told to keep my son away from a bro that liked little boys.I guess if we all think back we have many stories...

• minimus
    minimus

The point is they knew that some were molesters but didn't care enough to remove them from prospective victims.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

It is interesting that the two seperate brothers that I personally knew were printed up in the papers for being child molesters before it ever became public knowledge in the congregation. It makes one wonder how many we never hear about.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I knew of a teenage girl who was molested by a pioneer. The guy was known in the hall for only working out in service with younger sisters. No one did anything. Her family left the JWs. The pedophile molester is still a pioneer to this day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit