Name Some Stupid Watchtower Rules or Ideas

by minimus 120 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Some fire departments have flags on their uniforms. I know quite a few jw firefighters. How is that possible?

No national flags, or for that matter, nothing with a national flag on it was allowed, no matter how tiny it was.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cleavage and skirt slits -I'm in heaven here.

• Casper
    Casper
    then there was the "skirt slit" spirituality indicator....
    do i have to explain it to anyone here?

Nope, we had one newly interested person come to the hall with a modest slit in her skirt, the Elders had her study conductor speak with her. She NEVER returned.

Good for her

Some fire departments have flags on their uniforms. I know quite a few jw firefighters. How is that possible?

I'm not sure Blondie,

All I know is that I had a small decal on my car, and the Elders were insistant that I remove it. They told me I was promoting nationalism.

Maybe things have changed, or my "Eders" were very anal, I opt for the latter.

Cas

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Can't eat turkey on Thanksgiving, but the day after is OK

• dissed
    dissed

cantleave

Yes, we wear our badges to bed just to remind us that JG is watching

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes, we wear our badges to bed just to remind us that JG is watching

I had my "Keep on the Watch" Badge tatooed on but then realised that was aginst the rules too (I need Outlaw's Mutley here).

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Don't sit in the same seat for every meeting. Doing so shows poor spirituality.

No jeans during assemblies, even to go out for dinner at night.

Don't wear perfume to assembles; it maight trigger allergies.

Can't put your hand around your spouse's waist or shoulder during prayer.

Don't give kids crayons and/or painting books during meetings; they are suppossed to liste and learn (even if they're 1 1/2)

• dissed
    dissed

Rule we hated the most.

If the kids acts up at the KH. You MUST take them to the back and beat them or you are not a good example.

You know, I've often wondered what new visitors have thought of this rule???

What did they think we had in the back room, a torture chamber? Whips, stocks, brass knuckles, electric shock terminals. These JW kids always came out of the room with tears and red eyes.

And of course, we told them our children needed and loved this form of torture. "Yes mommy, can I have another?!"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    One of my favorite chores at the hall was handling the roving microphones for the WT study and other Q&A parts. You got to stand up in the aisle while everyone else was seated. I got to look down many an open blouse in those days...

Sometimes that's the only thing that got me through the meetings. Eventually they took me off microphone duty, and I was never on it again. Maybe I was too obvious about enjoying the cleavage.

W

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Never be friends with a worldly man (single or married). All they are after is SEX.....

Hmm...(I guess most of them are gay)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit