Let the children decide.

by angel eyes 262 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    AE - I do not for one second think that any elder would approve of your liberal viewpoint. Whilst it is admirable I just can't see any elder condoning it.

To be fair, I know of several elders who would be either disinterested or liberal enough to allow it. But if that ever got known by a CO, that elders qualifications would be reviewed, as AE and her hubby received "loving" shepherding and judicial calls.

Point is, even if one elder overlooked it, doesn't mean that is how the GB wants it. CO's are there to put the boot up any elders rear who is lax in this way.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

AE, go find a mirror right away...I'll give you a moment to find one and bring it to your computer...now look in it. Yes AE, I'm afraid so, your eyes have turned a lovely shade of brown. That's because you are completely full of shit.

Just last night I sat in a grocery store parking lot crying with my ten year old son, trying to explain to him that he could have had the cupcake that had just been offered to him a few minutes before at football practice (another players birthday yesterday). I told him last night for the first time, my feelings towards the WT society. It was a heart-rending, but needed event, that I'm glad is over with.

sooner

• cantleave
    cantleave

AE, I am fading and know I have tread a an extremely delicate path so as not to get on the wrong side of the Org and be DF'd or forced to DA. I could not, however much I wanted to, allow my Kids to do Halloween. As others have said you are either so far on the edge of the org, that you have no right to defend it in the way you do, or you are in a completely different religion and haven't noticed that it isn't actually the JW's / WTS.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

let your children choose.

But look what happens when baptised kids choose to quit the WT religion. And if you associate with them you will be DF too.

HB

• restrangled
    restrangled

I CALL FOUL!!!!!!!

After reading most responses to this silly post...."Let the children decide"....it is obvious even after 95 years, (my family's history in this foolishness), ....neither parents or kids get to decide anything.

AND...for anyone to post that their kids do get to decide what they want to do as far as the JW religion....I say bull shit. Game over, fess up and move on, get in or get out.

Their isn't any way you are "in" posting like this AE.....

r.

• carla
    carla

How can they know they have truth if they don't free inquiry?

They will never be truly free to decide because you have withheld vital information from them. You cannot keep them in a bubble, one day they will find out about all the scandals, abuses, misquotes, unscholarly work, flip flops, etc..... and they will be angry. Angry with you because you were aware of all these things and made a conscious decision to withhold this information. God help you when you lose those adult children either because they went further in the cult than you and are actually willing to walk the jw walk and shun you for being apostate or weak. Or because they have found out the cult is nothing other than what it is, a dangerous, deadly and ungodly cult run by mere men.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Unless - and here's a thought! - the entire congregation of which she's a part is on the verge of apostasy...

Sylvia..

Possible..But..Not Probable..

Like all JW Congregations..Angel Eye`s Congregation has a CO..

The CO would do everything in his power to either..

Straighten things out..Or..Disolve the Congregation..

An entire Apostate Congregation..Would stick out like a sore thumb..At an Assembly..

Unless the Entire Circut has gone Apostate..

Including the CO and PO!..

Angel Eye`s claims are not Credible..

Even if she does call you "Auntie Snowbird."..LOL!!

.............................OUTLAW

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

AllTimeJeff said:

I have in front of me the "Flock" book. (or the elders handbook. ks91 as elders refer to it) Here is the definition of APOSTASY for elders to consider
    "Apostasy is a standing away from, afalling away, defectioin, rebellion, abandonment; it involves teaching false doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its holidays or interfaith activities."(ks pg 94 par 6)
    "Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates."(ks pg 94 par 9)
    "Celebrating a false religious holiday would be similar to performing any other act of false worship."(ks pg 95 par 2)

Thank you, Jeff... bookmarked.

• carla
    carla

Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates."(ks pg 94 par 9)-- Notice they don't say simply 'bible truths'? but rather 'as taught by jw's.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Notice they don't say simply 'bible truths'? but rather 'as taught by jw's.

This is an interesting little dynamic. Ultimately, as the 1985 WT Q from R brought out, if anyone disagrees with the Governing Body, they can be disfellowshipped. It is all about the legal. By putting this crap in print "officially" in different ways, when JW's occasionally sue them, they can say that this is what they signed up for.

Fair? Hardly. But thats just the way it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit